Insurance for construction workers!

Closed Thread

Insurance for construction workers!

Hello everyone!

We are planning to buy insurance for our employees who works in construction sites.

Anybody can suggest any banks, insurance company that we can deal with.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello there, you maybe better off approach a broker. ECI market for construction workers are very tough these days...

Yep try to do it through a broker. Just to clarify, is it to cover construction staff or other staff who work at construction sites like engineers, designers, admin, security? There might be a difference in the rating.Like negroni says, constructions workers are really high risk and many insurers are turning down that line of business..
    That said i can try to get a quote for you from my company..

Last edited by PSMaverick; 24-02-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Yep try to do it through a broker. Just to clarify, is it to cover construction staff or other staff who work at construction sites like engineers, designers, admin, security? There might be a difference in the rating.Like negroni says, constructions workers are really high risk and many insurers are turning down that line of business..
    That said i can try to get a quote for you from my company..
    Hi,

I've been trying to search for construction worker insurance, ive gone through brokers, banks and insurance companies still to no avail. Can you guys recommend someone who will actually take it on?

Thanks!!

Dot, the government along with the insurance industry has made arrangements for high risk businesses , that may be normally refused cover, to procure EC cover for their employees.Its called the Employees Compensation Insurance Residual Scheme. If you have been denied cover by atleast 3 insurers (you can actually get the refusal letters from your broker) or if the premiums are considerably higher than fixed by this body, you can avail this scheme. More information is hereECIRSB