Like Tree10Likes

Ask me anything about insurance

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Ask me anything about insurance

Long-time lurker here. I want to contribute back with something useful!

I am a Canadian expat in a managerial position at AIA and have worked in this industry long enough to know all the ins and outs with respect to Hong Kong. Whether or not you believe you have met your needs in risk management, wealth protection/accumulation, MPF and retirement, it is important to take the time to give insurance a serious consideration.

Particularly for those who haven't given a lot of thought about insurance, or wonder what their existing coverage entails, feel free to fire away some questions!

Ok here's two questions: (i) Why are insurance agents so pushy? (ii) Why are you spamming this site?

kale, jw1701, bdw and 2 others like this.

I have a couple of questions that you can hopefully help me with:

1 - Why does my agent at AIA continually try to sell me insurance products that are totally inappropriate and nearly always unnecessary?

2 - Why does she take forever to get back to me regarding any claims?

3 - Why is there always a deeply hidden clause in my agreement that results in the total opposite of anything that was outlined to me verbally?

Last edited by Alan Partridge; 11-04-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Hold your breath and let the grass grow under your feet, whilst op replies.

1. How do you normally get people like the ones who just replied to say "yes" to you?

How much commission will you get if I take out a policy from you?

drumbrake likes this.

He has done well though, reaching a managerial position when in 2009:

"I go to CUHK as well and will enter my 2nd year in September.

Just be aware of all the requirements that they make you fulfill while you're there. CUHK particularly emphasizes on giving their students a "well-rounded" education, meaning language requirements, Phys. Ed. and general education. Not necessarily a bad thing IMO, but a tad annoying maybe."

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    1. How do you normally get people like the ones who just replied to say "yes" to you?
    I should add that my AIA insurace agent was assigned to me by my company and I didn't have any choice in the matter.

Given her perfomace to date I won't be saying "yes" to anything she proposes.
    Last edited by Alan Partridge; 11-04-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Hi,

thanks for taking the time to meet with us today.

My question is, on which day this year does the annual "Hug an insurance salesperson" festival fall?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    I should add that my AIA insurace agent was assigned to me by my company and I didn't have any choice in the matter.

Given her perfomace to date I won't be saying "yes" to anything she proposes.
    You can move your mpfs to other providers now.

The op should give their contact info if they are really interested in talking insurance and instead of getting my post deleted, maybe op must be the insurance provider for this site.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast