HSBC - I hate them

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

This is the HSBC whom 58.3% of users rated as "Better than average" or "Fantastic" and whom 83.3% rate as "Average" or better?

I think you might need to revisit the survey ... the people who hate HSBC seem to have only noticed the poll this morning....!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I used HSBC when I first arrived in HK but poor service led to me closing my account. Problems included standing orders not put through (angry calls from recipients) and 14-day wait for money transfers from the UK.

Our current landlord has an HSBC account and we have to transfer our rent two days earlier to allow for HSBC's "holding time".

My employer uses HSBC and there is a day's "holding time" for HSBC to transfer my salary.

The bank doesn't seem to like to give out its money.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Problems included standing orders not put through (angry calls from recipients) and 14-day wait for money transfers from the UK.

Our current landlord has an HSBC account and we have to transfer our rent two days earlier to allow for HSBC's "holding time".

My employer uses HSBC and there is a day's "holding time" for HSBC to transfer my salary.
    This is all very strange. Money from my UK NatWest account always arrived in my HK HSBC account within 3 or 4 working days. Now I have an HSBC Jersey account I can go via that and get the money within 24 hours.

My pay arrives in my HSBC bank account (from our company's ABN Amro account I think) at the same time as those of my colleagues with other banks.

The two days for money to get to another HK bank does irritate me since that clearly isn't a technical limitation (you can pay $30 for an express transfer which goes immediately during working hours).

But fundamentally HSBC is a business not a charity. How would people like to pay for the service they provide? Expecting everything to be free is simply naïve.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6