HSBC, again, grrrr

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

>> "You're too poor, now p**s off!"

If they were really good .. they'd tell you might be able to retain your oh-so-exclusive levels of service, but not pissing your money away being an InPat in LKF.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    i guess i just wanted a moan about hsbc.
    I'm all for that. HSBC the world's bank (as long as you have millions to deposit/invest with them), otherwise go somewhere else.

Ladies and Gentlemen
    I refer you to my post on a similar issue before.

Let us all not forget , banks are not charities, they are a business. Just the same as MaccyDs or Armani.

You don't see people come on here and moan on about Armani all the time so why make it different for the banks. A similar analogy for MaccyDs. If your sick if the burger hope over to KFC. If you don't want western food anymore get down the noodle shop. Same with HSBC - don't like it. Don't moan - move !

Just cos these guys are smart enough to know the value of their services and actually ( god forbid ) make a profit, commensurate with what they actually need to do as a PLC. Is not unexpected.

They have to live with the expectations of the shareholders and all those analysts writing reports that effect the share price that gives them good Standard and Poor ratings to work efficiently in the market.

Lets get you guys together, open a bank , do as you please and give great cheap service. Lets see where your profits are and if you can get an IPO. I look forward to banking at Whingers PLC " The Listening Bank -- because we won't let you stop listening to all our whinging "

Hell must have frozen over .. Boris is doing a perfect PDLM impression. (Except for a chavism or two thrown in there)

AND ...

PDLM is complaining about bank scams on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Hell must have frozen over .. Boris is doing a perfect PDLM impression. (Except for a chavism or two thrown in there)

AND ...

PDLM is complaining about bank scams on another thread.
    Its because I am sat here when I should be out on my stag night ( but SHE won't let me ) that I wrote down what we must all take note of. Whether you like it or not !!

Not even got a beer in the house GGGGRRRRRR !

We'll do something next week for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Ladies and Gentlemen
    I refer you to my post on a similar issue before.

Let us all not forget , banks are not charities, they are a business. Just the same as MaccyDs or Armani.

You don't see people come on here and moan on about Armani all the time so why make it different for the banks. A similar analogy for MaccyDs. If your sick if the burger hope over to KFC. If you don't want western food anymore get down the noodle shop. Same with HSBC - don't like it. Don't moan - move !

Just cos these guys are smart enough to know the value of their services and actually ( god forbid ) make a profit, commensurate with what they actually need to do as a PLC. Is not unexpected.

They have to live with the expectations of the shareholders and all those analysts writing reports that effect the share price that gives them good Standard and Poor ratings to work efficiently in the market.

Lets get you guys together, open a bank , do as you please and give great cheap service. Lets see where your profits are and if you can get an IPO. I look forward to banking at Whingers PLC " The Listening Bank -- because we won't let you stop listening to all our whinging "
    And now you see the appeal of Communism. Armani for everyone! (In general, a great theory that will never work as long as people are inviolved.)
    Capitalism, like airports and nuke plants, is great until it moves into your life in a negative way.
    If I were invested in HSBC I would be all for your profits story. But I'm not, so I don't care how much money they make or lose I just want better service extended a few rungs down the economic ladder. It isn't like I am a microcredit candidate.
    We complain about HSBC not because we are died in the wool Marxists, but because it hits us personally and all the posts about the need for banks to make money won't change that. Perhaps if HSBC had spent less of its profits trying to lend to people it had no business lending to in the first place, they wouldn't need to move so far upmarket now. (And I will save you the trouble of pointing out how ignorant that statement sounds to those who are in the banking sector, by freely admitting I am in way over my head talking about this and am looking for a way out.)
    How 'bout those Red Sox?

Sorry if the post sounded RED, it wasn't meant to as I am as true blue as they come . Well, maybe not GWB neon blue, and certainly not pinko.
    So just try deleting the word HSBC and insert say, Park N Shop. With the monetary phrases moved to items of food, relevant to their sector.

You said "Perhaps if HSBC had spent less of its profits trying to lend to people it had no business lending to in the first place, they wouldn't need to move so far upmarket now. "

So this might be morphed into you saying that poor people shouldn't be allowed to buy say - Sashimi, because ( in an Expat context, non Japanese at least ) its too elitist a food for them. HSBC make choices, some we think good and some not. BUT unless we are a board member or a MAJOR shareholder we have no right to criticise their model which is thought out by these same people after all.

So before the Sashimi Nazis come out of the closet and hunt me down let me point out its a poor choice but then again I am known for that here !

I will say farewell to you, Sleuth, on this issue and rise like the Phoenix at another point at another time. I got married yesterday and I am far too mellow for posting on Expat.

On this issue - I didn't pay paid for anything on the day Champagne, Steaks and Guinness from all those who know and " understand me ". Some will now be thinking that my other half, the beautiful Jenny, will be making me pay for the rest of my life. I had better go now and pull out some more " sweet words " from the Oxford.

Wink

Congratulations!
    Hopefully you will be rising like a Phoenix in some exotic honeymoon destination.