Like Tree4Likes

Quick question about transferring money (HSBC to non HSBC)

Closed Thread

Quick question about transferring money (HSBC to non HSBC)

Hey, was wondering if anyone has a quick answer to a quick question as the HSBC lines take forever to find a person to talk too.

I have an HSBC (local) account and need to transfer money to a BEA account. I think if i do this online, it will incur charges. Can I do this free of charge at an ATM or at the bank? If ATM, can I do it from an HSBC ATM or does it have to be a BEA ATM?

Thanks!

I think the only way to do this for free in general is either to write a cheque or to pay cash in at a BEA branch or ATM.

hmm ok thanks

unless you are paying into a BEA credit card account, in which case you can use PPS

I just did a txfer from HSBC to StanC fully expecting to pay $35 (or whatever it was before) and got charged nothing. It says 0 on the confirmation form and nothing taken out of my account.

Has HSBC finally scrapped the illogical fee?

Name:  aa.png
Views: 5406
Size:  54.0 KB

Oh wow. Had no idea. I'm still old fashion. Going to the teller and withdraw then re-deposit.

Funny because sometimes on the incoming side I'm charge a fee, sometimes I'm not. Depends the method of electronic transfer. Think there is more than one.

Yeah last time I checked its free like above post. Don't go into a bank to do it. HSBC online regular transfer is free. I used to think it costs money (even to Hang Seng, checked before it was like 39 HKD) but I think they changed it cuz it was stupid (hang seng atm transfer is free). I tried to do a transfer and of course you have to register an account (over your set amount) and wait a day for it to process so I just wrote a check.

It was definitely not free about 6 weeks ago (HSBC -> StanC) but now it is.
    Happy Happy Joy Joy.

How about setting up a standing instruction online, where you set it up to pay funds into a non-HSBC account?

Not sure if it is only for Premier customers but you can change the transfer limit online and it goes into effect immediately.