Like Tree8Likes

Standard chartered platinum Visa card

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Standard chartered platinum Visa card

Can u call standard charter to waive annual fee? i just got mine and as I was reading the conditions I saw annual fee charge is 1800 per year. they said 1st year is free but can I ask then to waive it for next year like a normal Visa card I'd that last year with my Visa card not sure if I can do that with the platinum one

Thx.

Threaten to cancel and see what they say

anthro likes this.

Certainly just call them and make yr request. They would process yr request and give you an instant response

anthro likes this.

wht if they say no and charge me, i'm afraid they will charge me so instead of letting that happen i'd rather cancel the card now then have them cahrge me later. should i threaten to cancel if they don't waive or just get rid of the card now?

Quote Originally Posted by anthro:
    wht if they say no and charge me, i'm afraid they will charge me so instead of letting that happen i'd rather cancel the card now then have them cahrge me later. should i threaten to cancel if they don't waive or just get rid of the card now?
    In my experience they will waive on the spot. I have the Infinite Visa with SC (6000hkd/year) and I have always waived the annual fee. Just call them or go in person if u happen to be near a branch.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    anthro likes this.

I get it waived as well

anthro likes this.

I have the card. A few months before the annual fee they sent me a letter saying if i spent 15k in 2 months they would waive it. (I think it was 15k anyway, something like that). I used it to by flights and that sorted out the waived fee.

I think if you call them and ask to cancel the card 'because you don't want to pay the annual fee' they may also offer to waive it. But if you're paying for monthly services or have debt on the card they won't be so cooperative.

Last edited by justjoe86; 22-10-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    anthro likes this.

Thx all.

And to the last reply how do you mean monthly services. I just got the card so not planning on to spend much but do you mean if I have 5-10k to pay back they will not waive the fee?

Quote Originally Posted by anthro:
    Thx all.

And to the last reply how do you mean monthly services. I just got the card so not planning on to spend much but do you mean if I have 5-10k to pay back they will not waive the fee?
    I'm only guessing. But if you aren't in a position to cancel your card (I.e. still in debt with them) I imagine they would be less likely to waive the fee.

Could be completely wrong though.
    Last edited by justjoe86; 22-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    anthro likes this.

Just call SC and ask them to waive. it's normal practice here. really no issue.

anthro likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast