0 0%
  • 80-90K

1 6.25%
  • 90-100K

3 18.75%
  • Screw It, Ask for a Million

9 56.25%
Like Tree4Likes

Personal Injury Claim Against a Store, how much to claim????

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

As you mentioned yourself that it was a freak accident, and I'm sure both parties didn't want any injury in the first place, just ask for a token amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    As you mentioned yourself that it was a freak accident, and I'm sure both parties didn't want any injury in the first place, just ask for a token amount.
    The only winner there is the insurance company I think...

I think all of us who've been gouged by them in the past would say go for broke!

My friends wife went to a Japanese beauty salon in Causeway Bay for some kind of laser hair removal skin treatment. Apparently they used too strong laser and she ended up with bruises and burns over her body. They took 6 months to heal, but as far as I know was a complete recovery.

The shop initially offered HK$5k compensation. But my friend pushed hard and after weeks of negotiation, involving some lawyers, they reached a settlement of HK$200k.

audiot likes this.

thats my exact story!

honestly since its such a visible place she can get more than if its just under an armpit..

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    My friends wife went to a Japanese beauty salon in Causeway Bay for some kind of laser hair removal skin treatment. Apparently they used too strong laser and she ended up with bruises and burns over her body. They took 6 months to heal, but as far as I know was a complete recovery.

The shop initially offered HK$5k compensation. But my friend pushed hard and after weeks of negotiation, involving some lawyers, they reached a settlement of HK$200k.
    Out of interest, how much did the fat cat lawyers make?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Personality:
    $194,500, still better off though!
    Mr. Personality likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Personality:
    The lawyer on my friends side only charged like $5k or $10k and basically they just proofread and reworded the settlement contract that my friend came up with. My friend did most of the work himself actually. The shop didnt want it to go to court so they just settled.

The lawyer on my friends side only charged like $5k or $10k and basically they just proofread and reworded the settlement contract that my friend came up with. My friend did most of the work himself actually. The shop didnt want it to go to court so they just settled.
    10K for proof reading. LLB here I come!

If your friend did most of the work, why did they bother using a lawyer then?

What happened to the freak?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile