Like Tree3Likes

How to transfer funds from Canada to HK HSBC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Walk into HSBC head office and ask - they will explain it to you.

Having said that, you are calling 10,000 (currency irrelevant) a large sum and unfortunately it isnt. Thats a tiny amount and I think you should just transfer it once, pay the paltry $40CAD total fees and get on with life instead of worrying about doing this drips and drabs.

Since TD requires you to be there in person to initiate the transfer, go and talk to these guys, they may be able to help you:
    The Toronto-Dominion Bank
    Hong Kong Branch
    Suite 2210, Two Pacific Place
    88 Queensway
    Hong Kong

CBC922 and XiaoJieFu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    Walk into HSBC head office and ask - they will explain it to you.

Having said that, you are calling 10,000 (currency irrelevant) a large sum and unfortunately it isnt. Thats a tiny amount and I think you should just transfer it once, pay the paltry $40CAD total fees and get on with life instead of worrying about doing this drips and drabs.

Since TD requires you to be there in person to initiate the transfer, go and talk to these guys, they may be able to help you:
    The Toronto-Dominion Bank
    Hong Kong Branch
    Suite 2210, Two Pacific Place
    88 Queensway
    Hong Kong
    Thanks HC, great info! I wasnt aware TD had a HK branch office and the fact I can open a Cdn HSBC account from HK. When I return to HK, I'll definately drop by there and ask the same question as the OP.

I also dropped into a TD branch here in Toronto and asked the same question as the OP in regards to money transfer without having to physically be at the branch. The teller mentioned that you can "email" the money to any account (at any bank) within canada, providing the email account has been setup at the receiving end. I didn't ask any further details in regards to fees, limits, etc.. but this maybe a better option for the OP if they have someone there to transfer it to them.

snip - my mistake.

Alright, thanks for the advice guys.
    It's useful information for anyone i believe.

Best course of action is probably open a Canadian HSBC account and use that as the intermediary account IF you plan to do transfer throughout the year.

Too bad you don't have the Canadian cash on you otherwise I would of loved to do a spot exchange with you as I'm looking to purchase Canadian dollars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2