Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pat_togo

HK Bank Account for CAD

HK Bank Account for CAD

Hello,

I'm looking to make a bank account that can hold some of the Canadian Dollars I've brought over for the few months i'm here (not really comfortable with leaving it at home..) - so i'm wondering which banks offer this kind of service. Essentially, just a savings account that can hold CAD.

Another question I have is...considering I will be getting salary while I am here, I assume I would have to open another bank account which would hold my HKD. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance
    - Also, perhaps a recommendation for a bank which has the lowest fees/minimum deposit amount would be nice also. Thank you!

Almost all banks will do this for you. I use HSBC.
    I also receive salary to the same account.

I'd recommend an HSBC Advance multi-currency account if you have (or soon plan to have) the equivalent of HK$100,000 deposited with them.

I think the minimum holdings to avoid the monthly fee for HSBC Advance accounts is now HKD200K, not 100K

chris_yang22 likes this.

Thanks for the update - I wasn't aware of that change.

Hang Seng Bank has Integrated Account which supports multi currency http://bank.hangseng.com/1/2/persona...grated-account. Only need 10,000 hkd to waive monthly fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    Thanks for the update - I wasn't aware of that change.
    They have increased the requirement a long time ago. After too many people complained they came up with a typical Chinese solution: A different name, Smart Vantage, which is almost the same as Advance, except that you only need 10.000 HK$ balance.