Like Tree4Likes

HK Business Bank Account - Search for Lowest Fees and more

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by loganhair:
    Well hopefully I can find an certified HK auditor that will accept my scanned copies of paper receipts and my other electronic receipts.

As a new HK Limited Company, I have 18 months from my incorporation date before I need to get all my accounts audited. I wanted to do the regular accounting work myself, and just provide an HK auditor will all the information about my accounts and have them certify my records.

I'm open to suggestions for an HK auditor that anyone uses for a small HK limited company. I have a friend that's an HK accountant, but he isn't an a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) yet, so he might refer me to another colleague or friend he knows that could help me get everything I need in order.
    From experience I can tell you that getting audited, particularly the first time, is a pain in the rear. It took us MORE THAN TWO YEARS to get our first year audited. I would not wait until the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Find that auditor now instead of later.
    Alright, I follow up further with my HK accountant friend for a referral to get things in order for my business.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Any new news on this old thread? I will go to HK in a month to open a bank account for my already registered company there.

This thread has been helpful so far. Thanks.

BEA looks like a good option according to this thread and your google doc. I talked with Citibank this morning and they said there was no need to have business established for years in order to open an account there.

How about your auditing experience? Any advice or referral?

It's an old thread but can I say, mate this is very good and thank you! I am currently looking at starting my first business in HK and this information is very very good! Hope your business is working well.

Hi guys, good information in this email thread. I wasn't able to open the Google doc, though, is it still there?

I was wondering if anybody has newer experiences to share. I'm looking for a business bank account with low transaction cost for incoming/outgoing local transfers as well as international transfers.

One more question: what information do banks ask you outside of the bank opening documents prepared by the company doing your incorporation? Also, are these bank opening papers independent of the bank you choose or are they prepared for a specific bank?