Like Tree12Likes

Credit card with highest cash return %?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

HSBC still gives 2.4% on one selected category and 4.4% for spending on Fridays.

Moreover, the HSBC redeem Wellcome vouchers at 10-30% off deal is back again!
    http://www.hsbc.com.hk/1/2/special/c...rom210a#offers

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 15-04-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    HSBC still gives 2.4% on one selected category and 4.4% for spending on Fridays.

Moreover, the HSBC redeem Wellcome vouchers at 10-30% off deal is back again!
    http://www.hsbc.com.hk/1/2/special/c...rom210a#offers
    Dude, stop promoting HSBC.

I won't say in other regions, but the one in Hong Kong is a headache to deal with especially as related to the security crap they throw at you.

Not to mention that Voucher program didn't work for my HSBC VISA. It's only for a certain type of VISA. To me, that's just another HSBC method to isolate one group over the other. Imagine spending $25000 just to be told "oh, this VISA don't apply for this voucher program" <- exactly what happened to me.

I haven't heard anything BAD about Citibank the 3 1/2 years I've been here. I dont' know about you, but I'd think the grass is greener dealing with Citibank.
    Last edited by Creative83; 15-04-2014 at 01:18 AM.

I'm very happy with the HSBC promotions, so I'm quite happy to keep recommending them here.

The fact that you seem unable to read and comprehend and follow simple terms and conditions may well "isolate" you.

Citibank has some good promos too - I'm currently taking advantage of their overseas spending promo to get Wellcome coupons as well.

Last edited by shri; 15-04-2014 at 09:05 AM.

From some googling I also found these 2 offers that sound good:

1. Citibank Amex - 1% rebate on local transactions, 2% on dining
    2. Standard Chartered Executive Plat MC - 2% overseas, 1$ local, fee-free for SCB Payroll A/C holders; first 2 months after sign up is 5% cash back

oops - edit. Already said it only a few posts ago :-|

How do you take advantage of the 30% discount on Wellcome vouchers? I tried to buy one but no mention of discount.

I used Citibank reward VISA. 2.2% if u spend if on bills and groceries.

Pretty good welcoming offer too. 800 wellcome vouchers if u spend 10k above for the frist 2 months. or 400 wellcome vouchers if u hit 5k

Citibank:
    You have to pick the right card that match the type of spending.
    I prefer one card having all the goodness of various Citibank cards.

Last edited by Vrindavan; 22-04-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Only issue with the citibank amex is that it is amex and not accepted everywhere in Hong Kong and it gives you the cash back but you will not accumulate any points at all. The Manhattan platinum has a kind of scale but a normal expenditure of around 5000-20000 a month gives you 1% off everything (more than 20k gives you 2%) as well bearing in mind that it's a visa card and more usable. Not to mention the fact that you get your normal points as well which is effectively another 0.4% off or so.

http://www.manhattancard.com/reward-.../en/index.html

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7