Like Tree7Likes

HK HSBC frooze my personal account

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by USA40-40:
    I suspect there are things the OP has not told us in his posts, making a scene because you are being investigated for money laundering won't help the situation. If he really is "legit" as he claims, then he needs a lawyer......

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    HSBC has a banking licence in the US. The US makes compliance GLOBALLY with certain of their rules a condition of keeping that licence. I'm surprised this is news - the US fining foreign banks for things they do elsewhere is often in the media.
    Given that I've worked in banking for 20 years (including within Compliance) in various countries (including the US), I'm probably more aware of compliance regulations that many people on this forum. It isn't anywhere near as clearcut as you present and at this stage, from the information the OP has given, US regulations are not pertinent to his concern. But I guess this is Geoexpat....heaven forbid anyone keeps their comments relevant to the original post or question.
    LBEAR 40 likes this.

If they have frozen your account it can be because of two things:

1. You got money from one of "those" countries (NK, Cuba, etc.)
    2. You got a sh*tload of money wired to you all at once.

Pick up one of the two.

whats a sh*load of money

Quote Originally Posted by alfeno:
    If they have frozen your account it can be because of two things:

1. You got money from one of "those" countries (NK, Cuba, etc.)
    2. You got a sh*tload of money wired to you all at once.

Pick up one of the two.
    I have a personal Advance Account with them. Sometimes i get funds from within the same bank as mine so no problem at all.
    Also i wire money out of there, to the philippines where i live and sometimes to india, but never a problem. Philippines the money is there in 24 hours in my account and to india it takes perhaps 3 to 4 days.

Cross my fingers, so far no problems.

just curious whats a lot of money to be wired into my HK account???
    ez

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4