Like Tree7Likes

HK HSBC frooze my personal account

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HK HSBC frooze my personal account

Hi all,

Last March (6 months ago) we made a business deal in Hongkong. We received money on our personal HSBC account because we did not registrer a businessacount yet.

Once we tried to wire the funds abroad, it was never received. (wire transfer to other HSBC acounts within HK was ok, even huge amounts)We tried contacting the bank, asking the manager ect but they all would not say anything due to ongoing investigation.

I did some research online and we might we suspected of ML. This is the only thing i can think of. We have all the papers proving its all legit, invoices to buyers and from suppliers. My question is, what other actions can we take? And up to how long can this investigation take? Is there a possibility we wont see the money back at all?

Any others came across this problem? Thank you for your time and input

By the way, the money came from legit sources

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin:

By the way, the money came from legit sources
    prove it!!

we got it transfered from clients account, what are the ways to prove this?

Invoices etc, agreement of services provided, contracts etc

You also need to prove you did appropriate due diligence on your client. For all you know, the client could be using the transaction with you to launder money. You need to demonstrate you know your client.

How long have they been "investigating". If they do it for too long, I would report the case to the police. They will contact HSBC for clarifications, and things may move a bit faster.

Have you got a notice from HSBC that your account is suspended/frozen? Because they should tell you if it is.

When sending money abroad sometimes it is blocked by HSBC NY (coz of USD) and they want more info on the purpose and recipient. HSBC HK just sends you a message online which I never used to check. Once I provided the info the money was transferred.

fly to HK, bring large empty suitcase, withdraw money, stuff into suitcase and fly out

Or take money to Chunking Mansion and use the Kawala / Hundi money transfer system

We tried contacting the bank, asking the manager ect but they all would not say anything due to ongoing investigation.
    Did you actually walk into the main branch and talk face to face with your account manager with your documents in hand?

Quote Originally Posted by cheepo:
    How long have they been "investigating". If they do it for too long, I would report the case to the police. They will contact HSBC for clarifications, and things may move a bit faster.
    since march 2013, so 6 months already. I cant login to the account, whenever I try it says:
    contact bank.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast