HSBC Call Centre - something wrong?

HSBC Call Centre - something wrong?

Anyone work at HSBC banking in HK? The whole call centre seems to have gone on holiday and not told anyone. I have tried to get through for different reasons over the past week or so and just not been able to even patiently waiting on hold....

These things I cannot do online before you say it

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat
    Anyone work at HSBC banking in HK? The whole call centre seems to have gone on holiday and not told anyone. I have tried to get through for different reasons over the past week or so and just not been able to even patiently waiting on hold....

These things I cannot do online before you say it
    I've had just one odd experience of their customer rep taking AGES to pick up the call. Like you, gave up, coz in a hurry, then redialled HSBC call centre, this time pressing "Canto" as the preferred lingo - within the usual 3-4 rings -> success.

Er... BIG drawback is: you have to speak and comprendez a little Canto! As my speaking ability couldn't manage the finer nuances of what I wanted to say/do, I also used a splattering of English terms, and found the clever gal got my gist, despite my "accent"

Sorry for taking long way around it but my suggestion is: try the Canto line to grab hold of a "warm bod" first, then urge him/her to find a co-worker who can sorta operate in Eng; or else rope in a Chinese colleague to assist? Good luck.

nice....

now to remember the key strokes to get through to the aforementioned warm bod..

It would be good if they could outsource to India. I've given up on getting anywhere with their call centre.