How to get my HSBC savings account on online banking

Closed Thread

How to get my HSBC savings account on online banking

Good day
    I spend a lot of time today trying to get my savings account allowed on online banking, however due to it being a 10 digits account number they won't accept it as being a real account. When I check my pay slips it also shows my 10 digits as being the right number. On my ATM card it is as xxx x xxxxxx. I've tried every way I can think of, and since I'm abroad right now I'd really like the online banking to work out :/ any ideas?

Call HSBC customer support: +852 2233 3000

Quote Originally Posted by MissLynge:
    Good day
    I spend a lot of time today trying to get my savings account allowed on online banking, however due to it being a 10 digits account number they won't accept it as being a real account. When I check my pay slips it also shows my 10 digits as being the right number. On my ATM card it is as xxx x xxxxxx. I've tried every way I can think of, and since I'm abroad right now I'd really like the online banking to work out :/ any ideas?
    Be aware: Shut down all running side processes like SKYPE etc, these programs very often bother/disturb this kind of registration. And maybe if you are abroad now this also can pose a problem, as your IP number will be recognized as NOT IN HONG KONG & maybe some security function will not allow the system to go ahead.