wiring money from brokerage in US to HK

Closed Thread

wiring money from brokerage in US to HK

I have done this a few times and noted that the intermediary bank in America charges a US$ 15 fee, which is reasonable.
    However, I wonder whether this is a minimum amount for transfers and whether it's more ( a percentage ) for higher amounts, eg 100k.

Anyone with hands on experience ?

Morrison - All the transfers I've done are fixed transfer fees. Best to check the fine print though, might be different at your bank / brokerage.

Does your brokerage give you a check book? If you have a good relationship with your local bank, write yourself a USD check and deposit it - fees "may be" lower.

AFAIK the intermedediary bank fees and the brokers wiring fees are the same be it 50 or 500k, if you start using other banks or currencies you might be in for a surprise though. 15usd intermediary bank fee sounds like what I pay from and to the US,yet from and to Europe or Middle East, especially wiring other currencies that USD, it gets quite a bit uglier

Yeah, tks for your input.
    From Europe it's really bad.
    My bank stated all costs includfing third party cost
    on its website but it was still more as intermediary ate a chunk, got a fee recredit from bank after complaint.

As to other currencies, I just hold a multi currency account.
    But non Euro or uK pound might be a prob

. Frank Act !????

Now anytime you wire money the sender must call you, confirm your ID, disclosure bla ????

That is _________insert here_____