Like Tree3Likes

ATM that dispenses GBP

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Travelex is absolutely the worst place to change money. Their spreads can be outrageous (I've seen 10%+). Any other way is better. If you need cash because you're going to the UK, then just get it using your HK ATM card when you arrive at Heathrow.

The problem is the ATMs in the UK have a small withdrawal limit I believe. I need like 4k.
    Due to working hours, I don't have time to go to the branch between now and Friday.

For GBP4K I'd simply exchange here in my HSBC account and withdraw it in cash over the counter. (Do the exchange via online banking, during banking hours, particularly if you're Premier to get a slightly better rate). There's a daily withdrawal limit without a fee of £1000, but even if you withdraw £4000 in one go the fee is only £5 (0.125%). So if it were me I'd just pay the fee and get it in one go. You'd probably need to warn the branch before going in for that much money, although the bigger ones would probably have it to hand.

Thank you Gruntie but forgot to mention that I can't get out of work to visit the branch during business hours.

What kind of company do you work for that they wont let you out to go to the bank to change money. How long could it possibly take?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    What kind of company do you work for that they wont let you out to go to the bank to change money. How long could it possibly take?
    err not everyone works in Central.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    Thank you Gruntie but forgot to mention that I can't get out of work to visit the branch during business hours.
    Even Saturdays?

Original Post Deleted
    Thats the FDH mall isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Even Saturdays?
    I fly this Friday.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think those in World-Wide Plaza will have similar hours to banks.