Citibank

Closed Thread

Citibank

Anyone here have an account with them?
    Wondering how long it takes them to register on your account any cash deposits you did the night before via ATM. Unlike HSBC, you put the cash in an envelope which gets counted by a human.

Just an update so there is an answer to this if anyone looks this up as it wasn't on Citibank's website.
    ATM's cash deposits are emptied every business day at 3pm and counted by 2 people. It then shows up on your account at 9am the next business day after the count. So if you deposit cash at an ATM at say 4pm on a Thursday, it won't show up on your account till 9am on the following Monday.
    Unlike HSBC where you don't use envelopes and the machine counts it for you and credits your account straight away.
    Still I have been pretty impressed with Citibank so far.

some Citi machines have the new cash counting instant deposit feature (eg mongkok) and some don't (eg exchange sq) whereby it hits your account the next business day

Weird

If I use my BOC account and pay in cash it's instantaneous.

I used the ones in Exchange square as it is convenient for me during my commute. Good to know other branches have the more up to date facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I used the ones in Exchange square as it is convenient for me during my commute. Good to know other branches have the more up to date facility.
    I use Citibank and i deposited cash in to my account through the ATM and it went straight in to my account.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Obviously not the one in Exchange square for which you quoted me on.