New CX credit card - tied with Amex

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So you get the exact same Asia miles for your spending as you did before? how do you convert them to Asia miles now ? i liked that we didn't have to do it ourselves. (lazy)

I meant Priority pass as the other seems pretty standard with most CC cards in HK.

You have two choices - you can either keep them on you Citi Premier Miles card and transfer them when you need them (you could also transfer to Thai Royal Orchid, NorthWest WorldPerks, or Krisflyer), or alternatively you can sign up for auto-transfer, which will do it automatically like on the old card. The advantage of not doing it automatically is that the miles never expire while they are on your Citi card, but once you transfer them to AsiaMiles they expire after 3 years.

I think you make be confusing Priority Pass with access to the Plaza Premier lounges at HK airport. Most platinum cards in HK have access to the Plaza Premier lounge. Far fewer have Priority Pass membership.

Last edited by PDLM; 09-07-2008 at 09:52 AM.

I've emailed one of our members who is with prioritypass to see if they can help out and let us know which cards offer their membership. Lets see if they can respond.

Thanks for the info PDLM

I know the difference between the two i was simply asking which credit cards if any offer priority pass to supplementary card holders as standard. We use the other lounge frequently, even prefer it to the CX business lounge which is too big and impersonal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    I've emailed one of our members who is with prioritypass to see if they can help out and let us know which cards offer their membership. Lets see if they can respond.
    KIA - presently have Priority Pass membership, and its normally with paid for credit cards, like the Visa Infinite cards, or the Amex Black card.

So apparently this information that Misty and others are looking for is confidential. PP marketing says they cannot reveal it.

Thanks anyway Kia

FYI - sort of related to Amex .. thought I'd pop it in here.

Profit in the company's U.S. card business dropped 96 percent to $21 million from $580 million a year earlier as provisions for losses more than doubled to $1.5 billion from $640 million. Uncollectible debt in the unit rose to 5.3 percent of loans from 2.9 percent a year earlier.

``We are seeing very affluent people who have had historically very, very strong spending history with us cutting back,'' Chenault said.

Well I've just got the card, and faxed in the complimentary Priority Pass application (for the Basic cardholder only). I'm not sure how much I use it since I almost always have airline lounge access when I fly, but no harm in having the card.

I was also rather surprised to be given a credit limit larger than my HSBC and Citi cards combined!

The insurance stuff looks good. If you buy your tickets with the card and otherwise have medical insurance that covers you then I don't see any need for any further travel insurance.

Last edited by PDLM; 22-07-2008 at 11:05 PM.

PDLM - Annual fees waived?