New CX credit card - tied with Amex

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New CX credit card - tied with Amex

Just an FYI really

New CX branded credit card will be with Amex:

Fly Faster

more crapola.....

when is someone going to release a card with free companion ticket for business class purchases. i hate that only my US amex card does this...and none of them even offer it here.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderLives:
    more crapola.....

when is someone going to release a card with free companion ticket for business class purchases. i hate that only my US amex card does this...and none of them even offer it here.
    Which US AMEX card do you have?

I've completely abandoned CX for its frequent flyer programs. Going to have a to figure out a way to use the BEA / Citi credit card points now - which I've converted to CX in the past.

Now, not only have they made it difficult to spend (Amex?!?), their is nothing from them that indicates that FF miles would be easier to use.

(Waiting for PDLM to show up and tell us how easy and wonderful CX is... count down starts now... )

amex is not widely used as far as i know specially in asia

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    amex is not widely used as far as i know specially in asia
    Interesting, what makes you say that? I tend to use my AMEX card as much as or more than my Visa card (particularly now that the Citi-Cathay co-branded Visa Platinum is history). Also, from my observation, most corporate credit cards (especially fro MNCs) seem to be AMEX.

beachball - Do places like park n shop, smaller stores in HK take Amex? I know we refuse to take Amex online due to higher processing charges and no one has complained so far.

The US centric corporate market does lean towards Amex, do the Euro corps also use Amex as their corporate card? Would think thats irrelevant to the CX deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    beachball - Do places like park n shop, smaller stores in HK take Amex? I know we refuse to take Amex online due to higher processing charges and no one has complained so far.
    That is a good point. Not sure about grocery stores, supermarkets, etc. - rarely if ever use credit card in those (actually rarely if ever shop there...).
    Amex processing charges are definitely a deterrent to merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    The US centric corporate market does lean towards Amex, do the Euro corps also use Amex as their corporate card? Would think thats irrelevant to the CX deal.
    Well, my European employer also gave me an Amex corporate card...
    Relevance to CX deal is that I happily use corporate and personal Amex cards all over the place and cannot remember the last time that a merchant did not accept Amex (although I guess that there are plenty who don't - just apparently not relevant to my personal lifestyle).

Wellcome and ParknShop certainly accept Amex. As do most, but by no means all, restaurants.

>> but by no means all, restaurants.

Well, they do have a fair bit of exposure in the restaurant trade, but not too sure about retail.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast