Wachovia Banking Problems

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

The HK$ is tied to the US$. The exchange rate fluctuates in a very narrow band between 7.75 and 7.85. If you are getting less than 7.7 then you're not getting a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The HK$ is tied to the US$. The exchange rate fluctuates in a very narrow band between 7.75 and 7.85. If you are getting less than 7.7 then you're not getting a good deal.
    Thanks for the reply. I just check my bank and was told the exchange today was 7.75, which is OK. I must have mistaken what I wrote (7.4) because my wife reminded me we have always been getting 7.7-7.6 most of the time. Still, I will not enter into any more banking discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelrouser:
    I admit I should not be discussing banking matter with most of you who seem pros, so I should stay out of this discussion. Just hope all of you are right about the economic future.
    y not ? everyone's entitled to their own opinion and view of the world.

the doomsayers are just all working and not joining in the bearish discussion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    y not ? everyone's entitled to their own opinion and view of the world.

the doomsayers are just all working and not joining in the bearish discussion yet.
    Yes the discussion is enjoyable and we all end up learning something.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:

Still betting on which bank will fold next.
    Latest news from the grapevine is one of

Merrill Lynch and Wachovia

Talking Wachovia Bank ATM in Hong Kong

Does anyone know if there is any Wachovia ATM located in Hong Kong? How much does Wachovia for each withdrawal? Many thanks

No there aren't but you can use your card in pretty much any ATM here (they are attached to the Visa/Plus system). The charge is apparently 3%.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4