Like Tree33Likes

Modern bank

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yes for foreign transfers I believe need to register with a piece of paper first before you can make an online transfer, and of course there are fees associated with the transfer.

But at least local transfers have no fees, unlike HSBC which I believe charges $35 to send and $10 to receive local payments electronically, thus keeping cheques alive in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Yes for foreign transfers I believe need to register with a piece of paper first before you can make an online transfer, and of course there are fees associated with the transfer.

But at least local transfers have no fees, unlike HSBC which I believe charges $35 to send and $10 to receive local payments electronically, thus keeping cheques alive in Hong Kong.
    I know we all love to hate HSBC, but I think other banks also charge for inter bank transfers, so they are not alone in this practice [doesn't make it right though].

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I'm pretty sure I can setup and execute a TT order online - they'll send me a letter confirming the details, but I don't think I need to fill out any dead-tree forms...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I'm pretty sure I can setup and execute a TT order online - they'll send me a letter confirming the details, but I don't think I need to fill out any dead-tree forms...
    But they still send you a dead tree letter.

Actually, that is really annoying about SCB, I get so much fcuking confirmation letters from them for everything and anything. I wish they would just email everything to me.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    But they still send you a dead tree letter.

Actually, that is really annoying about SCB, I get so much fcuking confirmation letters from them for everything and anything. I wish they would just email everything to me.
    I bought a paper shredder just so I could dispose of all the TT letters I get from them. They send me a text message, enough already telling me what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not going to happen. Might as well move back to Utopia.
    (...)
    Seriously ... you need to deal with this pragmatically.
    I'm very pragmatically.
    No need move to Utopia. All this exists in Europe.
    About security you took the good example. HSBC seems secure but Standard is a joke.

F*ck me, we found the Dear Giant/CC of Europe.

shri, HowardCoombs, jimbo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by B4st13n:
    About security you took the good example. HSBC seems secure but Standard is a joke.
    If there is fraudulent activity on your Standard Chartered account, you are covered against any loses. So what do you care if their security is shit or not? HSBC have tight security and force you to carry around a stupid calculator looking thingy, is for their protection not yours. The consumer is inconvenienced to cover their ass. You are tricked by their marketing department into carrying a stupid calculator around with you everywhere thinking you are more secure. It's bullshit, it's unnecessary and don't need to carry one of these things around with you at other banks to enjoy fraud protection.
    shri and drumbrake like this.

Ok @bdw. About security you may have right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    F*ck me, we found the Dear Giant/CC of Europe.
    And? As you can see I'm new on this forum. I don't undesrtand what you try to say? What is Dear Giant/CC of Europe?
    Last edited by B4st13n; 13-10-2014 at 04:55 PM.