Like Tree15Likes

Life, Income Protection and Health Insurance

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hospital insurance varies between a couple of hundred per month to a couple of thousand. It really depends on what coverage you want and individuals under the policy... I ended up going with Manulife in the end as the cover suited my individual needs.. Then my company switched to Manulife too and now I'm now sure if I even need my policy any longer..

For my wife and daughter I went with Integra Global as she needed maternity cover and extra paediatrician cover for my little one.

Check out nowcompare.Com

Quote Originally Posted by Kani:
    Hi,

I have recently move to Hong Kong, i need an insurance to cover my hospital charges. I only need a hospitalization coverage, because i have an insurance card from company to cover the OPD charges.what are the best insuarance companies and policies i can go with. What would be the normal charges for an insurance for a year?
    And also what are the things i should consider when choosing an insurance plan?
    Any suggestion is really appreciate...
    Thank you...
    Good to know you did actually post this in a forum rather than just spamming the private message function.

For medical insurance there is a huge huge range. the local policies like blue cross re pretty cheap (only a thousand or two pa) but they are crap policies. more expensive international policies like cigna are 10x that. But pay up for everything with no questions asked. Pick your poison.
    Last edited by HK_Katherine; 28-12-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Fiona in HKG and luvives like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Good to know you did actually post this in a forum rather than just spamming the private message function.

For medical insurance there is a huge huge range. the local policies like blue cross re pretty cheap (only a thousand or two pa) but they are crap policies. more expensive international policies like cigna are 10x that. But pay up for everything with no questions asked. Pick your poison.
    That's very true : I was happy with my inexpensive blue cross until recently when I had to use it . Unfortunately all the expensive stuff I need is done as an outpatient which I didn't get cover for : and later when I do need to admit for an op the darn limits hardly cover it leaving me exposed to massive costs overrun if things don't go to plan '
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Greetings all. I am new to Hong Kong and must buy Term (NOT Permanent) Life Insurance. I tried calling HSBC myself, but their customer service was horrible and unprofessional.

Can you please private-message me with suggestions of trustworthy insurance agents, or post them here? I have already private-messaged 4 users who posted on this thread. Thank you.

Last edited by lyra; 04-05-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4