Like Tree14Likes

Which bank can transfer to HSBC, but is not HSBC?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

100% sure.. even for local charges

There is a charge for receiving incoming funds from another local bank.. you can confirm with the HSBC local rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Khema:
    Yes that is what happened to me several times when I got transfers from SCB to my HSBC account. I was deducted 15 or 25 HKD (can't remember) from each transfer (less than HKD5000). I even had to investigate who deducts this because my customers with SCB accounts asked their bank and the bank denied making any deductions. Then HSBC admitted it.
    Yes that is what it was.. its simply shameful of most if not all banks in Hong Kong to do that. SCB is the only one doesn't charge for outgoing and incoming local funds transfer. Citibank does it but only if you are part of the Citi@Work scheme of theirs

Original Post Deleted
    Then clearly you have trouble understanding English..

Link to HSBC fees and charges: https://www.hsbc.com.hk/personal/fees-and-charges.html

Screenshot of the interbank fund transfer rates:
    2015-10-11_13-00-21.png - Roc10111's library
    pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    Screenshot of the interbank fund transfer rates:
    Its nice but still doesnt change the fact that as a premier customer, I've never been charged this fee.
    Last time I received a payment was Friday - came in without any deductions.

Thanks for the fees information, had no idea that for some accounts there are also inbound transaction fees.

People aware if this is the case with other banks, such as hang seng or citi?

Bit crappy on HSBC's part I have to add.

matchstick man likes this.

I did a trial transfer from my CITI account to my HSBC (Premier) account and was charged 7.50
    CITI and BOC don't have incoming charges.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    I did a trial transfer from my CITI account to my HSBC (Premier) account and was charged 7.50
    By who, CITI or HSBC?

It is always HSBC who charges for incoming. 15 for normal and 7.50 for Premier accounts.
    I did the same transfer to BOC and was charged nothing.

If your with HSBC, get out your cheque books and start writing cheques and lining up at branches to deposit them. That's the only way you can transfer money locally to/from other banks for free. Using internet banking, you are charged to both MAKE and RECEIVE electronic payments to/from other local banks. I left HSBC years ago when I got sick of paying my rent every month to my landlord and had to either pay $30 fee to do it online, or write a stupid cheque and walk to my LL bank to deposit it.

I particularly love the "Special Privileges for Premier members" on the last page of the link that John Doe posted. Premier members get 50% off the inward fee and are 'only' charged $7.50 instead of $15. But you are still charged $30 to make payments. Wow you premier guys must feel so special that you only get screwed half as much as normal HSBC customers to receive money. But your still getting screwed because a normal low class non-premier person at other banks never pays anything for this (at least Standard Chartered where I bank).

The other thing with HSBC that makes me laugh is they publish very poor currency exchange rates on their website, then when you make a real transfer for a decently large amount it flashes in red on the screen "Special exchange rate for you" and you feel so special getting a better rate. But look closely and the exchange rate is no better and usually still a bit worse than the normal person gets at other banks.

HSBC to me is for people who are uninformed or just care about image without any real substance. Even the premier is quite shit and the premier service of other banks is actually a lot better and offers some real substance and benefits. One example with Standard Chartered Priority, they give extra credit card points based on your savings, investments, and mortgages with them. So I'm getting thousands of points extra a month for not spending a cent but rather saving and buying shares on their trading platform.