Like Tree7Likes

No address proof to open BANK acc..what todo???

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alfread:
    what are you? U got no address in HK nor home country address. Did u swim over to HK? lol.

Just go apply a new phone line at "Sun Mobile" for less than $100 under your name, it might work this way.
    As i aldy mention..my rental contract is under my wife name..my phone contract also her name...so now its difficult to find any address proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    They require recent proof of address. I had one phone with them and when I set up the account for a second phone (less than 3 months later), they still required recent proof of address.
    For phone contract..they aldy need address proof...soo complicated

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrian Khan:
    For phone contract..they aldy need address proof...soo complicated
    I'm so sorry Andrian. You're in a Kafkaesque world!

I haven't had dealings with Immigration for many years, but I'm wondering about that avenue. Do you have a letter from ImmD about your visa? It would have your overseas address on it.

I'm so sorry Andrian. You're in a Kafkaesque world!

I haven't had dealings with Immigration for many years, but I'm wondering about that avenue. Do you have a letter from ImmD about your visa? It would have your overseas address on it.
    yup i had letters from imm but aldy old not within 3 months.

How to get out of this?cant find any solution..

They do??? Hmmm.. Too bad for you then. Lol

How about your internet provider? Change of name should be fine right as long the bills are are send to the address.

How about the address on passport?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I guess the passport was issued more than 3 months ago.

I guess the passport was issued more than 3 months ago.
    Ur guess is 100% correct

When I first moved to HK I opened a bank account with bank of China. I used my drivers license and passport as address proof. Neither was within 3 months of issue, and the bank was satisfied.

Strangely enough, after working for a few years in HK and wanting to send money home to my folks, I wanted to open an account with Hsbc. I had address proof, cash and everything, and was rejected. I'm ethnically Chinese. I had to contact the branch manager, who is married to one of my relatives, and I emailed info to him and he got people to set it up for me.

Last edited by Viktri; 16-10-2015 at 01:06 AM.