CITIC Pacific

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

rem upside is shortterm punting.

after this, the market is going to suspect the management until they have at least a few quarters of track record...

the buffet investment theory is also to invest in the management team...

Top management at Citic according to friends in the know is pretty distracted by all sorts of unrelated things .. jockey club, charity etc etc ....

But then in HK its not what the management does, but who they know.

If they get to 8...I'll be dumping the suckers in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Indeed - at a quick read of the SCMP report there seems to be some share dilution, but also an assumption by the parent that the shares will top $8 at least. My finger will be poised on the sell button shortly.
    PDLM did hang on to these little babies in the end ? or sell?

Still got them - doing alright aren't they? (HK$9.33 at lunchtime today)

The short term panic over the currency contracts has abated as the exchange rate has come back a bit. On further reflection I've decided to hold on for a while, in the expectation that they will do even better than my current 55% gain. Rational analysis (assuming there are no other skeletons in the cupboard) would say they should be at $20+.

Last edited by PDLM; 02-01-2009 at 02:19 PM.

citif pacific

Their operating companies are mostly profitable.
    It is better to hold on and see how far they go.

good for u guys.

in normal days i'd punt on such counters..
    but with the market so low, there are just too many other interesting candidates that are almost sure to give you enormous profit over the next 3-5 years, so i'm reluctant to go into speculative nature trades in case money get locked up where they are better use buying some of the asian banks..

It closed at 10.2, up 21.7% on the day!

I had a punt on BEA as well, but got in a bit early so I'm still a bit down there. But I reckon that has good recovery potential too.

Giordano is another one I'm in. A bit late on that one, so I didn't get it at the bottom (about $0.9) but I'm still up 50% on that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    but with the market so low, there are just too many other interesting candidates that are almost sure to give you enormous profit over the next 3-5 years, so i'm reluctant to go into speculative nature trades in case money get locked up where they are better use buying some of the asian banks..
    Dare to elaborate as to which companies are almost sure to give enormous profits over the next 3-5 years? I am looking for 10 companies or so to put my savings in.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Still got them - doing alright aren't they? (HK$9.33 at lunchtime today)

The short term panic over the currency contracts has abated as the exchange rate has come back a bit. On further reflection I've decided to hold on for a while, in the expectation that they will do even better than my current 55% gain. Rational analysis (assuming there are no other skeletons in the cupboard) would say they should be at $20+.

The market obviously got a whiff of your Bullish sentiment as the shares rallied this afternoon and finished up at 10.2 ..

agreed the share price would be reasonably valued at around 20+ ...