CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card

Closed Thread

CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card

Does anyone have the combined CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card?

China Construction Bank (Asia) - Personal Banking - Credit Cards - CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card

1. Does it have no annual fee?

2. How well does the RMB and HKD credit card Unionpay function work?

Thanks

Any thoughts on this card, anyone? I am thinking I should get a UnionPay card for forthcoming trips to China....

i just got one of this
    China Construction Bank (Asia) - Credit Cards - CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card
    it has unionpay in HKD, unionpay in RMB, and octopus. i now carry 2 less cards in my wallet.
    you'll need to open a ccb savings/checking account to autopay the RMB credit card

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    i just got one of this
    China Construction Bank (Asia) - Credit Cards - CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card
    it has unionpay in HKD, unionpay in RMB, and octopus. i now carry 2 less cards in my wallet.
    you'll need to open a ccb savings/checking account to autopay the RMB credit card
    Do you see your individual Octopus transactions in your credit card statement? Or is it the usual 250 HKD at a time?

A lot of places in China only take Union Pay and not Visa or Mastercard so it would def be useful.

I have the Citibank version of this for use in China.

Question

On the same subject: this card (CCB (Asia) Octopus UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card) is mentioned here:

http://www.octopus.com.hk/get-your-o.../en/index.html

And here:

http://www.bestmoney.hk/en/credit-card

as having a "perpetual annual fee waiver", which sounds great to me. However, I'm unable to find a confirmation of this fact on the bank's site. Can anyone see it?

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    Do you see your individual Octopus transactions in your credit card statement? Or is it the usual 250 HKD at a time?
    you dont see the individual octopus transaction.