Like Tree5Likes

Agent, broker !

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jamie john

Question Agent, broker !

Im try to help someone they want to joing a career in AIA as an agent (wealth managment manager basic salary 35k per month for beginner ) since he got offer by the company ,and i told him that batter do broker because agent can work with one company and broker can work with different company that can give him more income , any edvice to give since this person is a good friend and i dont want him to do something is not gonna make him happy .

My advice: Don't give advice. In fact let's broaden that:

Don't.

A common joke in the expat (and local) circles is ...

What is the fastest way to loose all your friends?
    Become an "IFA" (a fancy word for insurance sales guy / wealth management etc etc).

Watch out for the salary package - there are several deductions in there if I recall some posts on Geo. It is not just a clean "here's 35K.. now make some sales and we'll pay you more" type deal.

imparanoic, Kinch and Jamie john like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A common joke in the expat (and local) circles is ...

What is the fastest way to loose all your friends?
    Become an "IFA" (a fancy word for insurance sales guy / wealth management etc etc).

Watch out for the salary package - there are several deductions in there if I recall some posts on Geo. It is not just a clean "here's 35K.. now make some sales and we'll pay you more" type deal.
    so what the basic pay then?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    so what the basic pay then?
    Around 5k per month. If they were unable to meet the quota for two consecutive months they would lose the job.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Around 5k per month. If they were unable to meet the quota for two consecutive months they would lose the job.
    nice, dog eats dog industry

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Yeah 5K sounds about right for the basic salary. I've a friend who has been doing it for over 10 years. He does ok but I don't envy him as it's constant hard work. The only ones who seem to do really well are the ones who manage to make deals with larger corporations.

Jamie john

I ask whats the differenr about broker and agent , im not gonna sell assurance but im focusing on the MPF since its clean and dont have any problemes as some of my clients say its good one for me since some industry looking for someone to do the mpf only ,so is it batter to be agent or be a broker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie john:
    I ask whats the differenr about broker and agent , im not gonna sell assurance but im focusing on the MPF since its clean and dont have any problemes as some of my clients say its good one for me since some industry looking for someone to do the mpf only ,so is it batter to be agent or be a broker ?
    At the start of this thread, you said your friend has this job. Now your saying you have this job? Tell us in 6 months how you progress and whether you actually earn the supposed amount which you specified at the start of the thread or whether it's much less than you been told

Or whether you quit within this period as I believe there is a very high job turnover for this job

Have your friend sell you insurance for your farm and split the commission. Win-Win

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast