Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!

HSBC Personal account rules ?

Closed Thread

HSBC Personal account rules ?

I have a personal bank account, I remember when I opened the account they told me I couldn't receive money from companies, is it true?

You can deposit/receive cash from anyone. Whether bank transfer or cash deposit at the bank or cash machine deposit. As long as the person has your account number they can do this.

You can receive cheques with your exact name or with the "to bearer" not crossed out.

If a crossed cheque is written to "a company" that you supposedly own, you cannot put into your personal account.

no no.. i just need to know if I can get paid on my hsbc personal account by companies . I do not own or have any role in those companies. I did freelance projects with them.

Of course you can. Now some big companies might require you to have a company set up (including BR) to add you as a supplier and in that case they would pay your company account. But if they are OK to pay you as a person then no problem.

shri likes this.

great... 100% sure ?! right?! because i really remember the hsbc person saying i could receive money only from personal accounts.. but it didn't make sense to me..

That is just weird. You can receive money from anywhere and anyone.

That would be indeed very weird, how are you supposed to get your salary if you would work for a company like 90% here do? Usually it's even easier opening a bank account if you get you salary paid on that account.