Standard Chartered vs HSBC

Standard Chartered vs HSBC

I am going to open a foreign currency account, HKD savings account, current chequebook account, preferably easily manageable with one internet banking account.

Can anyone comment on Standard Chartered and HSBC in terms of availability of ATM machines, interest rates, customer service, user-friendly, etc.

Thanks!

p/s: I already have a HSBC savings account but thinking of switching everything to SCB if it's better (they claim to have higher interest rates).

Mat

Mostly banking with SCB here and pretty satisfied. queues are usually a lot less at the counter (not that I use them often tho) and their Priority Banking system is alright.

I found the staff where I bank (Admiralty) to be rather friendly and useful.

There are less ATM I think than HSBC...

We're with SCB. ONLY problem we seem to have with them is that their credit cards get demagnetized far more easily compared to Citi / BEA / HSBC ATM. But that might be one of the parking lots we use ...

Good service and like Mat says, far shorter queues.

SCB ATMS are part of the Jetco network in Hong Kong so there are plenty.

Agree with above about queues. Much better with SCB. I think they have a HK$10 000 minimum balance for easy banking which reduces the numbers using their service. For charges and annual fees, call up their customer service hotline and ask for it to be waived - usually is.