Like Tree93Likes

2016 Tax Loans

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

i know i have it since Jan 2014 and my profit on it dividend include is only 9 %. The unit price has drop 17 % since i bought.

Last edited by Beuze; 27-01-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: remove the quote

The performance of the fund here is showing the NAV today at 8.86 and they consistently returning 0.07 to 0.075 per unit is around a 10% dividend paid monthly.
    Name:  fund.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  86.9 KB

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah no need to edit your post and I put the information out there to get valuable advice. I know it has dropped from around $10-11 in 2014 to around $8-9 now. In my mind this makes it a good time to buy in, and hasn't the general market and most funds followed a similar trend anyway? I was also looking at JPMorgan Multi Income Fund, Schroder Asian Asset Income Fund A, and Templeton Global Total Return A. But anyway the point of my post was not really to highlight a particular trust fund to invest in, its the whole overall concept of being able to take out a simple tax loan and then leverage it to do a lot of things with it. i didnt know I could invest my money in something, then at the same time get 80% of it back to invest in something else simultaneously!

Yes Im fully capable to repay the original tax loan over the 4 year period while maintaining these level of investments. In the unfortunate event that I would not be able to do this, the money I've sent to Australia is just sitting around waiting for a rainy day in one of those 100% linked mortgage offset accounts and can be returned back to HK at any time to completely unwind the whole deal. Everything is very liquid.

Original Post Deleted
    I urge you to compare to Citibank. I found them to offer the best deal by far at the moment. The other bank also offering good deals is OCBC Wing Hang but their deal was quite weird and offering things like no interest payments in the 4th, 7th, 10th month etc which made it quite hard for me to understand and compare. Also citibank I just feel better overall for expats and they had a branch downstairs from my office which made things very easy. I had no relationship with them at all before this but they just lent me millions of dollars unsecured at 2% after just showing them my HKID and payslip. I am a PR and not sure if this is what made things so easy, but still nothing stopping me from fleeing the country now

Original Post Deleted
    Any update?

Original Post Deleted
    Been this way for ever ... HSBC (3 times) called us AFTER our mortgage closed with another bank with SC and BEA, BoC.

Don't even bother with them any more.

Mind boggling .. all this "free money". Too bad I don't take an income tax worthy salary.

It is astonishing isn't it. So many things you can do with this money easily returning more than 1.87%.

You could buy a bloody flat outright in Tokyo with that much money . Seems to return around 6-10%
    Japan Hana Real Estate 日本華房地產 - 專業日本樓投資顧問 -

And yet our company can still not even get a line of credit without shareholder guarantees.

Original Post Deleted
    Had a glance at the Citi offer. I think you get HKD2.5k cash if sign up before 28 Feb, so that brings down the APR a bit, probably below 2%. The Citi website is quoting 1.59% APR for the first year inclusive of the cash coupon.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast