Like Tree34Likes

Returning to the UK with a 'large' amount of money

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    Premier or not they should do. For Premier it is free, for others it was 1600 HK$ last time I asked (years back) for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Premier or not they should do. For Premier it is free, for others it was 1600 HK$ last time I asked (years back) for a friend.
    But do remember to check the rate you are getting with Premier's "free" transfer. For a large amount of money, might want to look at a broker.

I find Global transfer specially useful for very small amounts, as with large amounts the fees are likely to become insignificant. And yes, HSBC has the worst exchange rates of all banks in more cases than not.

HKD has less value in UK on conversion. If anything you go to Berlin exchange here in HK and convert to the currency that you need it in. Gold would be easily to carry, lol.

Why not open a HSBC premier account then open a HSBC UK account and keep both accounts and transfer back and forth as needed. A HK bank account is a great thing to have that is very protected, compared to other parts of the world. Not sure about UK.

If I left HK, I would probably keep my money in HK. Go to a new place, start fresh, gives a bit of motivation to work and earn too.