Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sv336

CITI Consumer Website - Load of Crap

Closed Thread

CITI Consumer Website - Load of Crap

I've been using CITI consumer web banking a lot since there are no branches near home or work (and no time to sit in line). It took some effort figuring out their policy with hardware tokens and get a token that works and is linked to my account / online ID (they mailed me a bunch, none of which was properly configured on their end, till finally one worked). Next challenge - adding a payee. The final step is to enter a code into the token and type the generated response into the website. Apparently, as I struggled through a few months ago - you have to tab out of the window after typing in the numbers, all the way to the Continue button, or something like that. If you just type the code in and click on Continue - it locks you out of using the feature for a few hours. Just got hit with this again today - not fixed. Simply astonishing, unbelievably unprofessional design and implementation. Are those people for real or a bunch of 9 y. olds running the company and IT????

Last edited by sv336; 24-02-2017 at 09:05 PM.

You probably haven't got a hang of it... I too struggled to get the token but once you know how it works it's a breeze. Branches- yes they're too few but are open till 7 in evening if you think that helps

No problem with it. Which browser you are using?

Chrome on Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnso2:
    You probably haven't got a hang of it... I too struggled to get the token but once you know how it works it's a breeze. Branches- yes they're too few but are open till 7 in evening if you think that helps
    Maybe I got spoiled with 1st class banks struggling to get my business... Expectations switch, I know
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    I've been using CITI consumer web banking a lot since there are no branches near home or work (and no time to sit in line). It took some effort figuring out their policy with hardware tokens and get a token that works and is linked to my account / online ID (they mailed me a bunch, none of which was properly configured on their end, till finally one worked). Next challenge - adding a payee. The final step is to enter a code into the token and type the generated response into the website. Apparently, as I struggled through a few months ago - you have to tab out of the window after typing in the numbers, all the way to the Continue button, or something like that. If you just type the code in and click on Continue - it locks you out of using the feature for a few hours. Just got hit with this again today - not fixed. Simply astonishing, unbelievably unprofessional design and implementation. Are those people for real or a bunch of 9 y. olds running the company and IT????
    No issues with Citibank website, I find it much better than SC or HSBC.

Tabbing and changing browsers didn't help this time around - had to call the Customer service. The guy said this is a common issue with their hard token 2-step validation process, and he put in a ticket to reset "something" on their end, that can only be done on Monday after 11 AM - have to wait till tomorrow. Hopefully, this is not gonna lead to them replacing the token, which would be another disaster in the making. They suck.

I know, calling their Customer service is always a lottery. My guy had a perfect English pronunciation, but it still was a struggle trying to make sense out of his explanation. He said something like this feature "never works with new tokens till the reset is done". I, however, was able to enter payees with this token before. I guess, "tabbing" was just a coincidence, and there is a fundamental issue with the codes on their end vs. with the web page implementation. He sounded reasonably assuring that the thing will work on Monday after the reset, or "call us back"... Will see

I tried again on Monday afternoon, as suggested - worked fine.