Like Tree114Likes

HSBC Personal Accounts Targeted

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Thanks JRKOB - HKMA another good suggestion. Have gone through the complaints handling officer with HSBC, about as useful as the proverbial chocolate fireplace

shri and gigglinggal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKKIT
    SHRI - Funds not frozen just the sheer indignity so yes will be switching banks but would like to have some recourse with HSBC
    All of us have suffered and learnt. Welcome to the club and don't feel too bad about it. It almost seems like one of those rites of passage in Hong Kong.

For full disclosure, I just upped my account at HSBC, knowing what might lie ahead some day in the near or distant future.

Having said that, millions of people seem to go on with their business every day with HSBC without problems. Something has triggered the KYC. Does your name show up on any lists?
    HKKIT likes this.

A rite of passage indeed Not on any lists that I am aware of and couldn't think of a reason why I would be on one. The fact that HSBC has told me it is randomly targeted personal accounts holders is frightening in itself. Well done for getting out of HSBC ahead of time

At least they didn't beat you up

Jokes aside, just close your account the next time you are at the branch.

HKKIT likes this.

Will do - yep, not beaten up, won't fly United

gigglinggal likes this.

@HKKIT, are you originally of British ethnicity/decent ? How can I say that. Are you British, from British ancestry, gwailo with a John Smith name etc etc ? Or do you have a British passport with... a foreign name like Pakistanese/Iranian/whatever of something like that, which may perhaps have triggered what shri and TB have been referring to earlier. I'm asking because your posts suggest that English is not your mother tongue (deepest apologies if it is ! it isn't mine so no problem !!). Perhaps HSBC looks beyond the passport alone. Just speculating as to why you might have been targeted.

shri likes this.

Are you HSBC Advance or Premier?

I am a John Smith Gweilo and English is mother tongue....apology accepted

jrkob likes this.

Premier

Wah what's going on?

HKKIT likes this.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast