Like Tree1Likes

WeChat + HK issued credit card -> payments in China?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Keep two wallets, top up CN wallet via a friend

Hi,

I have both a HK wallet and a mainland one. I top up my HK wallet (linked to my bank account) I then use the WeRemit service to send RMB from my HK wallet to a friend in mainland, He then transfers back to me in RMB & I accept it in my China wallet.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Costigans
    Hi,

I have both a HK wallet and a mainland one. I top up my HK wallet (linked to my bank account) I then use the WeRemit service to send RMB from my HK wallet to a friend in mainland, He then transfers back to me in RMB & I accept it in my China wallet.

Paul
    From living in Beijing, I do have a RMB wallt in Wechat (tied to a +86 number). How can I add another Wallet for HKD (iOS)?

Bumping an old thread.
    I am new to wechat. I have some HKD lying in my wallet which i topped up through 7-11. I want to pay my wechat contact a sum in RMB. When i try to send money to my wechat contact, it only asks me the option to transfer in HKD. How can i send RMB through wechat with my wallet which has only HKD?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by garychopper
    Bumping an old thread.
    I am new to wechat. I have some HKD lying in my wallet which i topped up through 7-11. I want to pay my wechat contact a sum in RMB. When i try to send money to my wechat contact, it only asks me the option to transfer in HKD. How can i send RMB through wechat with my wallet which has only HKD?
    Thanks.
    You can't transfer between WeChat HK and WeChat China wallets.

How's about Red Packet?

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei
    How's about Red Packet?
    Doesn't work either. Can only receive Red packet HK to HK or China to China.

I had this issue in reverse. Chinese person trying to send me money in HK. We never solved it. Ended up sending the money to someone with a Chinese WeChat account and they manually handed it over....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3