Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Cminds
  • 2 Post By nivantj
  • 3 Post By jrkob
  • 4 Post By shri

Hang Seng Bank reviews?

Hang Seng Bank reviews?

Hello,
    I am wondering for those who have Hang Seng bank accounts, how is the customer service like? Is it much better than HSBC even though it's under the HSBC company? I am looking to move my accounts over and was wondering what the reviews are like.

TIA

gigglinggal likes this.

I am perfectly happy with the service for over 15 years, never had any issue related to fund transfer/ KYC inquiry etc. Though i mostly operate online, customer service was good on various occasions when i had to visit branch for TT or other matters.. One thing i find annoying is their third party online transfer limit which you might want to check out considering nature of your business based on other thread.. IMO your issue with HSBC was related to KYC compliance plus frequent cash deposits and transfer-out to many parties which might trigger AML warnings on their side, not sure how Hang Seng would react to that but so far havent heard any account closure/ fund withheld etc with them..

Edit:- Just recalled, a friend has Prestige account and he does receive call when large amount instructed in/out of account but thats just for confirmation, nothing more than that..

Cminds and gigglinggal like this.

Thanks for your reply. I will go open up a new account next week

Not sure but your regular transfer outs are to the same bunch of people/companies or random entities? Perhaps It might help to add them as registered payee if same entities..

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Not sure but your regular transfer outs are to the same bunch of people/companies or random entities? Perhaps It might help to add them as registered payee if same entities..
    Seems HSB expects a Sole Proprietorship to open a business account, same as HSBC. Perhaps worth a call to them to avoid another drama.

http://bank.hangseng.com/1/PA_1_2_S5...dfs/bbd17a.pdf
    nivantj, shri and Cminds like this.

Regardless of the type of company, always a good idea to keep separate accounts for business and personal use. Also, one more account for "walking around money" on a different ATM network (HSBC v/s Jetco).

And, credit cards with yet another bank...

And home mortgage with a fourth bank...

(And life savings under the mattress...)

Cminds, JAherbert, jrkob and 1 others like this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

My experience with Hang Seng for many years was very good, a great example of great service. In the past few years unfortunately service at Hang Seng has rapidly deteriorated. To receive a new debit card has been an ordeal. I had also changed address and did not have a local number. Kafka would have been proud of the difficulties the staff invented to make my life difficult. Long story short. I have no card yet. More recently, money wired did not reach the bank in the US eight days after it had been deducted from the Hang Seng account. Emailed enquiries, enquiries through the website were ignored for three days. Calling resulted in a long wait and then a phone number for the remittance hotline. Thirty minutes wait and then the phone was disconnected. I have been a Prestige (their word) customer for two decades and I plan to become a regular customer at another bank soon. Just my two cents worth.

Hang Seng bank has been terrible. If it wasn't the only one close by I would switch. Waited over 2 months for a debit card that never reached my address. Customer service and bank tellers all told me to keep waiting and that the card was on the way. After the two months they finally informed me that I would need to request a new card and cancel the old one. All of their representatives will give you a different answer to the same question. I was also told international transfer to a certain bank was impossible however when I went to the actual teller she told me it was and the transfer went through with no issues. Their customer service is absolutely awful.