Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

SCB Priority v Citi Priority?

I don't have Citi but a mate (I say this because he's Australian) uses Citi. He says that it's alright.

SC priority - I like the credit card (for air miles) & the fact that there aren't many people that use SC so you never have to line up - however there are fewer branches. Internet banking is alright - it is easy. Service is alright. Able to easily set up accounts in other countries when you need.

HSBC Premier - crappy credit cards, good number of branches but often in Admiralty you need to wait 20 minutes. Really poor service, terrible internet banking interface, high IPO interest margin costs, and lots of red tape if you want to set up an account in another country.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Any benefit for SCB Priority over Citi Priority?

With SCB at present I do get the Visa Infinite card, but the benefits these days are limited to the Priority Pass card (which I get through other means now anyway).
    which other means can you get the priority card for free?

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x
    Did you get the EUR from them (at their rate), or did you hold some in your account already?
    I got euro at their rate but they also let you transfer from foreign currency account for free.

No experience with Citi but with SC overall happy that I moved my main banking activity to them from HSBC.
    One downside though is you can’t transfer foreign currency to any local bank (including SC). This does annoy me but depends on your needs of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith
    No experience with Citi but with SC overall happy that I moved my main banking activity to them from HSBC.
    One downside though is you can’t transfer foreign currency to any local bank (including SC). This does annoy me but depends on your needs of course.
    You can transfer foreign currencies between local banks but the fees are high. Citi priority is hkd 180 for transfering foreign currencies out.

So I transfered EUR with Citi Priority to a bank in Spain for free. I chose "costs ours" and the recipient in Spain told me they received the full amount without any fee deductions. So is this free wire transfer to foreign countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    So I transfered EUR with Citi Priority to a bank in Spain for free. I chose "costs ours" and the recipient in Spain told me they received the full amount without any fee deductions. So is this free wire transfer to foreign countries?
    DM, I am not sure you should assume/conclude that Citi (Priority account) swallows the cost of any international transfer.

I have transferred EUR from my account with Citi Prirority HK to a bank in Germany (forgot the name, one of the landesbank) and I got charged. Amongst a few other international transfers I was always charged for.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    DM, I am not sure you should assume/conclude that Citi (Priority account) swallows the cost of any international transfer.

I have transferred EUR from my account with Citi Prirority HK to a bank in Germany (forgot the name, one of the landesbank) and I got charged. Amongst a few other international transfers I was always charged for.
    I am surprised too they waived the fee and their fee schedule seems to confirm this for Priority and higher.
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-12-11-23-18-12.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  904.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    I am surprised too they waived the fee and their fee schedule seems to comfirm this for Priority and higher.
    DM, I have seen this happen before, not recently though, it was many years ago: the recipient bank (BBV in your case) charges for the transfer later, and separately. When Citi is eventually charged, they pass on the cost to you.

Just speculating.

This, or... just a glitch. Bank systems are not particularly fail-safe.
    Last edited by jrkob; 11-12-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2