Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Customer payment using stolen credit card

I'm not sure this is a case for the police to investigate - it looks like a commercial dispute between you and PayPal.

If the cardholder filed a case about the stolen credit card, there might be something.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    This is where cryptocurrency has an opportunity to solve an unfilled need. Not exactly where it stands now, but in the future.

I'm a believer that payments should be permanent and authorised each and every time by the owner. It's a very US culture to be able to complain to reverse charges, payments and more.

I dislike autopayments as I've ran into errors that took years (in the US) to fix and no one really cared either. Yes you don't have service with us, yes you won't be billed anymore, only to be billed.
    But then you will have another problem if you pay in cryptocurrency and don't get your product that you purchased. There's also to protection for the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglinggal
    Which police unit did you report the case?
    We did e-report first and then police contacted for further investigation.
    gigglinggal likes this.

Still no news from Commercial Crime Bureau? It sounds like your case is on a pile in someone’s in-tray.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini84601
    We did e-report first and then police contacted for further investigation.

Just another idea, you could try sending a registered letter to them asking them to pay or suggesting you'll take the case to Small Claims Tribunal

gigglinggal likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3