Like Tree12Likes

TT scammed

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TT scammed

i sent TT through Hong Kong Bank to PNC bank in USA from my personal account
    Beneficary told me TT was returned owing to the discrepancy .Now its 2 month time TT has not recal to my account.
    The beneficary is not responding and HSBC Bank say PNC bank is not responding
    Any suggestion what should I do

How is this a scam?

If TT was returned, that just means the beneficiary couldn't withdraw the money. So the amount should go back to the account that it came from originally.

So you should ask the bank that processed the TT.

Write a letter or fax to the Head of Customer Service of PNC providing the details of the payment (ask HSBC for SWIFT reference) and requesting them to confirm whether it was credited to the beneficiary or returned.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/pnc-bank/

Quote Originally Posted by qasim106
    i sent TT through Hong Kong Bank to PNC bank in USA from my personal account
    Beneficary told me TT was returned owing to the discrepancy .Now its 2 month time TT has not recal to my account.
    The beneficary is not responding and HSBC Bank say PNC bank is not responding
    Any suggestion what should I do
    This sounds more like a cock-up than a scam. I had exactly the same problem last year. After constant chasing it turned out the money had been returned but this had been missed by the sending bank and they failed to credit to my account. Got a nice bit of compensation from them.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Not a scam, happens once in a while with lot of people.. Did you check if there was intermediary bank? Chances are minion may not be chasing up hard enough, take the matter to higher level at HSBC and generally bit of threat to complain to HKMA would expedite the matter.. Here you go

Hong Kong Monetary Authority - Frequently Asked Questions - <br>Complaints about Banks

Internet fraud

Please suggest that I am victims of international cyber fraud we searched from Internet chicken supplier in Brazil
    We sent deposit to the company to process our order after 2 weeks they replied that they have sent our order to HKSAR by Container Through Maersk Line
    They sent the relevant documents proof that shipment is effected they enquire about rest of payment which we sent through TT through HSBC to there PNC bank in USA and after 10days
    they told us the TT was returned to our account owing to the discrepancies until today almost 2 month we did not receive the payment amount
    Now there is no reply from both supplier and bank in USA and they have used their agent to release the cargo we ordered
    So kindly guide us wether which is right channel to report crime

So you sent a deposit to a Brazilian company for a delivery of chicken, balance of payment was sent through TT and had some problem.

Two months later the cargo was released. What do you mean by released? What is the sales term you used? TT before shipment? TT after 30 days?

Pnc bank reply
    security purposes we are not able to check accounts through Twitter. If you feel that this transaction is fraudulent you will need to work with your bank to place a dispute on it. ^VM

sales term was 40% deposit before shipment and6 60% immediately after emailing document
    The shipment was released to the
    agent and his custody we contacted MAERSK line for the information of agent they refuse to disclose

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast