Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree20Likes

Transfer funds to interactive brokers

hello guys,
    just found this forum, hope my qeustion could be answered here.
    I’ve been with IB for near a decade, love it except funding method. Wire transfer is the only option for me in Singapore.
    Since I will move to HK in the coming month, I made a research and found there are 2 options of deposit in HK: wire and check. By looking at the previous posts it seems to me that a bank account in HK can transfer fund to IB account by WIRE without the supposed fees. Can anyone confirm it is really the case?
    Secondly, does anyone know how and actually done the transfer of CNH to IB account?
    Thirdly, any bank to recommend for opening a salary account?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tomyin67
    Thirdly, any bank to recommend for opening a salary account?
    Thanks in advance.
    Best not to mix 40 topics into one post.

Might want to go here and review your options https://geoexpat.com/forum/135/thread351685.html
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

I made a research and found there are 2 options of deposit in HK: wire and check.
    If what you want to transfer is HKD, yes, wire and checks are both possible.

it seems to me that a bank account in HK can transfer fund to IB account by WIRE without the supposed fees. Can anyone confirm it is really the case?
    IB will not charge you. But, your remitting bank may, you have to check their fee schedule.
    Personally I can transfer HKD to IB from Citi or HSBC in real time at no fee.

*edit: I see that you are from Singapore. Personally I am routing all my big enough SGD cash transactions to IB HK using HSBC Singapore: this is because IB HK is using Citi Singapore as correspondant bank for SGD, so I can transfer SGD for free from HSBC SG to Citi SG. Very convenient to do SGD forex for pretty much free.
    Last edited by jrkob; 12-02-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    If what you want to transfer is HKD, yes, wire and checks are both possible.

IB will not charge you. But, your remitting bank may, you have to check their fee schedule.
    Personally I can transfer HKD to IB from Citi or HSBC in real time at no fee.

*edit: I see that you are from Singapore. Personally I am routing all my big enough SGD cash transactions to IB HK using HSBC Singapore: this is because IB HK is using Citi Singapore as correspondant bank for SGD, so I can transfer SGD for free from HSBC SG to Citi SG. Very convenient to do SGD forex for pretty much free.
    thanks for your information. can you do the cnh transfer by the same way? hsbc is the cnh correspondent bank if i’m not wrong

can you do the cnh transfer by the same way?
    I didn't think it would be possible but I just checked and... yes you can transfer CNH to IB HK ! Wire transfer option only.

hsbc is the cnh correspondent bank if i’m not wrong
    According to the online transfer form I'm looking at, it's Citibank N.A., Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    According to the online transfer form I'm looking at, it's Citibank N.A., Hong Kong.
    yes, I just did a mock deposit request and found both HKD and CNH are handled by Citibank with same swift code.
    Since HKD transfer to IB is free of charge at HSBC, I assume the same with CNH. Is it possible to confirm that for me, please?

Since HKD transfer to IB is free of charge at HSBC, I assume the same with CNH. Is it possible to confirm that for me, please?
    Sorry I can't, I haven't transferred CNH before.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4