Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
Like Tree27Likes

Transfer funds to interactive brokers

Quote Originally Posted by Sith
    I transfer from SCB but should be the same.
    Name: Interactive Brokers
    Account number including 391.
    thanks!

I have a question about withdrawal of USD from IB hk. Does anyone know which correspondent bank charges the smallest fee and will the fee be a percentage or flat fee? I have the following HK accounts to send USD to: HSBC, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Bank of China, ICBC Asia. Most accounts have a small or no fee to receive incoming wire transfers but I have no clue about the correspondent bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    I have a question about withdrawal of USD from IB hk. Does anyone know which correspondent bank charges the smallest fee and will the fee be a percentage or flat fee? I have the following HK accounts to send USD to: HSBC, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Bank of China, ICBC Asia. Most accounts have a small or no fee to receive incoming wire transfers but I have no clue about the correspondent bank.
    IB HK currently uses Citi NY to settle USD (changed from Citi HK before...).
    Personally I don't get charged for transfers within Citi entities globally, which I now use for most of my dealings with IB.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak
    I sold some US$ shares held with HSBC and want to shift balance over to IB to trade on their platform. Has anyone moved US$ to Interactive brokers from a local HSBC account. I've tried a couple of times to move HK$ and failed. I can't work out what the issue is! I dread going to ask someone in HSBC.

The wire transfer instructions are to the IB US bank account and I'm nervous of the money disappearing into the HSBC ether. My money has been in limbo for weeks with an HSBC SNAFU before.

Anyone had any success? I'm on the verge of getting a banker's draft and handing it over to IB myself.
    Hope you didn't use wire transfer, absolutely no need to, l ignorantly did wire transfers in past. just a local transfer will do and faster. l got a UK and HKG bank and can just do a local transfer at no cost, transfer to CITIBANK MA, ask IB for your account number to transfer USD to.
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    l had this enquiry as well, after being charged by HSBC to receive HKD deposits from my IBHK account. think this is ridiculous to be charged for depositing money into account. Citibank HK told me they don't charge for this service.why so many bank accounts! anyways, hope this helps
    Drunken Master likes this.

if planning withdrawing from your IB account without being charged, choose citibank, sure you know now, absolutely no need to deposit to IB with cheque or wire, jsut do a local transfer at no cost and deposits should arrive in IBHK in the day. hope this helps

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5