Like Tree63Likes

2019 Tax Season Loans

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Kinda sucks that my London mortgage rate is just 1.24%. Actually cheaper than the tax loan on offer. Not sure what to do with the $1.5m that HSBC are throwing my way..

Quote Originally Posted by Londoner4057:
    Kinda sucks that my London mortgage rate is just 1.24%. Actually cheaper than the tax loan on offer. Not sure what to do with the $1.5m that HSBC are throwing my way..
    Drop St James a line.

But seriously, seriously and even more seriously - take a look at some of the threads on here related to IFA charging people bucket loads in management fees and locking them up in front loaded / commission rich funds - just because they're nice guys.

Humble suggestion. Take a look at this thread and then offer to buy @pin a beer.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/155/thread344778.html
    jrkob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Londoner4057:
    Purchase unit trusts, and with that amount of investment can reduce the front load fee from 5% to 1%, then you can use the unit trust to secure a wealthpro facility up to HK$1.05m (70%) in Euro or Japanese Yen with an interest rate of only 1%. Then do what you want this this money, if you dont have any ideas you can pay off your 1.24% loan with a 1% Euro/Yen loan. But almost not worth the hassle and fx risks. I'd buy a bunch of shares and ETF's that pay out dividends around 4%-6% and with the market still a little down from middle of last year peaks I think it's still a good time to gamble in stocks. You are a bit late though, you should have done this last November when the HSBC offer first came out and shares were at their bottom

@bdw. I was speaking to a hedge fund friend about tax loans and pointed him in the direction of these threads on Geoexpat. He actually read through your entire series of posts on this (if I am not mistaken - are you the person who has posted extensively on what to do with tax loans in the past?). He thought your strategy was pretty mental and that you could single handedly cause the next GFC.

civil_servant, bdw, pin and 3 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6