Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

HSBC: Transfer money in another country

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    How to do it and what's the fee?
    For my bank, just go online, click SWIFT, enter receiving bank address and code, receiving account name and account number, amount, click send. Twenty pounds.

Might be easier to withdraw cash from an ATM in India and pay into the Indian account with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    Might be easier to withdraw cash from an ATM in India and pay into the Indian account with cash.
    Depending on the sums involved, could trigger investigations.

I said Swift earlier as that is the underlying network used for most transfers and something that was implied in the original post. I am one of those last few left who does not like to involve more points of failure in critical issues, like using third party brokers / apps.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Have you ever used SWIFT? No authorisation forms required, though it is not cheap.
    It's the banks decision what security to put around making a transfer through the Swift network. For a long time, HSBC made you fill in a paper form for each beneficiary before letting you use their website to make an international transfer.

Fortunately they relaxed this when they bought in the number generating tokens.
    shri and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Depending on the sums involved, could trigger investigations.

I said Swift earlier as that is the underlying network used for most transfers and something that was implied in the original post. I am one of those last few left who does not like to involve more points of failure in critical issues, like using third party brokers / apps.
    True I was assuming the amount wasn't too large since the fee seems a significant aspect. If you're transferring a large amount you'd presumably be more worried about the rate than the fee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2