Like Tree24Likes

Citibank 3mnth HK$ depo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Citibank 3mnth HK$ depo

Quick FYI, Citi Gold are offering 1.98% on hk$ 3 mnth depos, beats HSBC's offering at 1.35%.

Thought this was rather a good deal.

shri, pin and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Quick FYI, Citi Gold are offering 1.98% on hk$ 3 mnth depos, beats HSBC's offering at 1.35%.

Thought this was rather a good deal.
    Is there a minimum amount on this (apart from being Citigold)? Also is this one of those things where they force you to go in to the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Is there a minimum amount on this (apart from being Citigold)? Also is this one of those things where they force you to go in to the bank?
    I didn't ask minimum.

I went to branch yesterday to transfer funds to HSBC, as Citi was offering .0something pathetic, for their best rate of 1.38% when was informed I could get 1.98% with C.

I was called an hour later by my "relationship manager" who placed the depo over the phone.
    pin likes this.

I didn't ask minimum.

I went to branch yesterday to transfer funds to HSBC, as Citi was offering .0something pathetic, for their best rate of 1.38% when was informed I could get 1.98% with C.

I was called an hour later by my "relationship manager" who placed the depo over the phone.
    Thanks for that. I can't seem to find the rate with HSBC online. The rate showing online is something like 0.0000000000000000003%. I presume the HSBC rate is also for new funds.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Thanks for that. I can't seem to find the rate with HSBC online. The rate showing online is something like 0.0000000000000000003%. I presume the HSBC rate is also for new funds.
    if you have Premier, call your relationship manager and ask.It was not for new funds

I was sent an email a few weeks ago, and thought 1.38% was really good!

Citi wanted to keep the rate secret until I went in and asked to move funds

year end window dressing and you see most banks offer some sweetener for clients...
    if you want published rate, DBS did printed something on their main page that's decent..

but i am sure guys like boc or ccb or icbc have better stuffs ...

if you have Premier, call your relationship manager and ask.It was not for new funds

I was sent an email a few weeks ago, and thought 1.38% was really good!

Citi wanted to keep the rate secret until I went in and asked to move funds
    Thanks, useful to know.
    - based on this seems you need to make a phone call to your RM rather than logging in online.

I see SCB are offering 1.70% for 3 months (new funds only):

https://www.sc.com/hk/deposits/hot-t...interest-rate/

Off topic: Interactive Brokers gives interest for cash positions. 1.7% for USD

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Off topic: Interactive Brokers gives interest for cash positions. 1.7% for USD
    I think that only applies after your first usd100k or something and minimum deposit is usd10k.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast