Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By vyral_143
  • 1 Post By jgl

Citibank - "I agree" Bumfuckery

Closed Thread

Citibank - "I agree" Bumfuckery

A new service is now available via Citibank Online & Citi® Mobile App!

Click ‘I Agree’ to activate the service of transferring funds to a non-registered payee in both Citibank Online and Citi® Mobile App subject to a maximum HKD 10,000 daily limit. If you wish to disable this new service, please follow the steps below.

1. Click here to download the form
    2. Fill in the form and input ‘zero’ for non-registered accounts > Citi JETCO Pay Transfer/ FPS Transfer
    3. Return your completed form by uploading it to www.citibank.com.hk/banking-form?noembed > Decrease daily transfer limit > "Submit Form Here"
    4. Click ‘I Agree’ to continue using other Citibank Online and Citi® Mobile App services.

Please Note:

1. The adjusted limit will be effective on the 2nd working day after the form is received.
    2. If you click ‘I disagree’, you will not be able to have (1) online banking access, (2) mobile online banking access, (3) and the access to view e-statement and e-advice. You may contact CitiPhone Banking Hotline at 2860 0333 for enrolling paper statement (subject to relevant fees), if necessary.
    How difficult is it for Citi to allow you to adjust your transfer limits, online?

Sneaky bastards - if you disagree to the transfer service, ALL your online access will be shut down.
    Last edited by shri; 31-01-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    jgl, Rob2020, MerMer and 2 others like this.

Retards! They want us to submit form for disabling new service which is pushed down throats of users.

DrWho likes this.

This applies.... I'm sure they have good intentions.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I just clicked I agree. I got lost half way through reading it but just assume it enables their FPS service.

This is hilarious, but only because I'd already ditched Citi a decade+ ago for being annoying.

DrWho likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Still can't fathom how HSBC Payme is incompatible with FPS. But hey this is HK.

the 'forced' adoptation of FPS is one of the most rashly executed thing i can remember from hkma..
    if you think citi is bad, you shld see how dbs screwed up my account because of the FPS opt in and started sending my OTP and letters to some unknown address in Singapore...

the whole FPS is really badly implemented.. they never clearly educate the public which part is bank which part is the central clearing house.. the only risk mitigation you can have is the 10k limit or 1mio limit whichever your bank is choosing to implement... and cross your finger someone doesn't steal some cash from your account when you click that link

this is what happens when you give KPIs to your employees. Hey we need more FPS adoption now. Ok let's make it as complicated as possible for them to not sign up.
    From what I heard, Payme is making a lot of money for HSBC, so now the other banks will copy the same. It's a pity that innovation in this country is only driven by greed rather than improve their customer experience.