Sick of HSBC - what alternatives?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by snjt:
    Standard Chartered
    everything from them are intolerably slow: the ATMs, their Apps, etc
    tf19 likes this.

OK - new one from HSBC.

I went to the branch to get some proof of payments to my TVC account. They said they could not print out anything at the branch. I had instead to sit and deal with their hotline - they are now arranging to print out the documents and will send them to the branch for me to collect them.

Well, let me post a positive note on HSBC for a change. I still have a HSBC account in Hong Kong with a corresponding address in Portugal. Not sure why, guess it’s for nostalgic reasons and it comes in handy when I am in Hong Kong (thanks to Covid that didn’t happen for a while now).

Last week I received both a text message and an email requesting me to call to the HSBC fraud operations centre.

Paranoid as I am with unsolicited messages from the bank I called the general hotline and got transferred through to the fraud operations centre. They asked if I had initiated a few transactions the night before which they had decided to block. Once I confirmed that I had not initiated any transactions they told me that they would block the card and issue me a new one.

They subsequently confirmed my address in Portugal and because I live abroad told me they would send the new card by DHL. Received it yesterday at no extra costs.

drumbrake, shri, Tom007 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    OK - new one from HSBC.

I went to the branch to get some proof of payments to my TVC account. They said they could not print out anything at the branch. I had instead to sit and deal with their hotline - they are now arranging to print out the documents and will send them to the branch for me to collect them.
    Online transactions showing contribution history not usable?

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)

I have always been happy with BOCHK. Standard Chartered is the worst. How they can have a banking license is beyond me.

Bank of East Asia, bro. Family-run bank with an over 100 year HK history. It's the only Bank I have used here in HK, and they offer excellent service with ATM's all over the city. Online banking system is superb, and they are always on the ball- Blocked an unauthorized transaction a few months ago by some Goon in the U.S. who somehow got my credit card no and tried to use it to buy something online; sent me a new replacement card immediately. BEA, All the Way.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5