Like Tree16Likes

Can't access HSBC bank statements. Help?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Can't access HSBC bank statements. Help?

The objective: access the past 12 months of HSBC bank statements.
    The problem: apparently I just... can't.

The context: I have never received any paper statements from HSBC. Ever. I am signed up for 'eStatements and eAdvice', which means I no longer receive my statements in the mail. I still get other stuff from HSBC in my letterbox though.

So I should be able to get to my statements through online banking. Only,

"There are no eStatements / eAdvice available for the selected account."

\_(?)_/

What do I do.

Apparently this is because it's a 'passbook account', which doesn't do statements. Not that certain of the semantics because my brain is a snail, but yeah. Passbook account = no statements. Apparently.

Apparently the passbook should serve as the statement? But I haven't used a passbook in like 20 years (and by 'I' I mean my mother, who I'm writing this for, I guess). I've called up HSBC and apparently I can file a form and get the statements for... 600 HKD.

I mean, sure, not that bad but... it's not my fault HSBC hasn't sent me any statements. And doesn't let me view the statements online. And doesn't let me access the statements any other way. :')

Is there like any way I can get access to them for free? Or at least for a lower fee. Because... a) yikes. And b) my mum is straight up refusing to pay 600 HKD T_T.

Computer says NO, why do you think so many older folks line up to update their passbooks, they dont get statement letters or do online banking.

Cough up the 600HK$

Ark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    Computer says NO, why do you think so many older folks line up to update their passbooks, they dont get statement letters or do online banking.

Cough up the 600HK$
    T_T

(gnfdjgnf thank for the advice)

You should be able to get the last 28 transactions out of the account by updating the passbook.

https://www.ebanking.hsbc.com.hk/1/2/faq/accounts

Ark likes this.

If you still have the passbook you could update in one of those booths

Ark likes this.

@Drunken Master @shri

=0 Aa I want to ask: if I no longer have the passbook, do you know if I can renew it? Like, get a new one or smth.

Thanks!

The bank will charge you around HKD100 for a replacement passbook

shri likes this.

@Drunken Master
    =0 I see, thank you! Just told my mum but she said sth to the effect of: if you're replacing an old passbook, they'll renew it for you. But apparently if you've lost your passbook, they won't let you get a new one? You need to prove you still have the old one or smth- apparently she's been to HSBC a couple dozen times asking T_T.

Will go down to my local branch and ask around today tho! Thanks for the help /o/!

If old passbook is full they will replace it for free. If passbook is lost they will issue a new one for a fee. No need to prove anything, they will just cancel the lost passbook.

Try to change Select by date to other option.

Also did you sign up for e-statement?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast