Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree14Likes

Credit card debt advice please

Try to go to finance companies like Public Finance / UA etc
    Tell them you are trying to get a loan to pay credit card etc, if successful they will write you cheques to the cc bank name so you dont get any cash in hand, stops temptation of running away with more cash lol

Their interest rates will be way way better that the CC interest rates. The bank itself wont care on giving you lower interest rate loans even to cover the same amount of money you owe them, like bdw said, you are a profitable customer with the interest rates they are charging you now.

Good Luck.

Jrkob – Thank you for your kind words. As for being sorry, it’s just the way I am,feels like burdening strangers with my own doings, though it’s been helpfulreading the replies/suggestions. My goodfriends but one have abandoned me knowing my situation.
    Bak875 – Am still trying to get a loan at one go which hasnot been easy as not enough financial proof even though I am working more hourspart time and looking for full time employment. Haven’t seen one yet where my salary will beable to cover the payment in one go.
    I have only one card with Citibank and it’s to the limit.Citibank has not been helpful at all. I have tried paying half and half minimumpayment before the default and they are not able to even waive finance or latecharges. Just got a call today for my June payment, which was due on 10th July. Having explained am in touch with their colleagueby email it’s like they don’t even care I am trying to pay and will do beforethe default day, though they wouldn’t confirm its 60 days even when I asked tobe sure. Someone here can tell me if 60days is right ?
    chuckster007 – East _coast, both hadmentioned credit card and temptation , why is that? Not everyone uses it fortemptation though majority might. Some use it as a last resort and emergencieswhen short on cash which is all I have done. Maybe that’s the difference – people who don’twant to pay their credit cards and leave etc because it’s temptation of whatthey have but for me I had a resource and whatever the need was got me throughand it’s only right to pay back. Wellnot sure if that made sense but I have a conscious.
    Will update again hopefully with some good news, soon enough!
    Thank you everyone

Quote Originally Posted by summerhill
    chuckster007 – East _coast, both had mentioned credit card and temptation , why is that?
    Err seems you misunderstood my post about temptation, when you get a loan approved from a finance company especially for credit card payments, they give you a cheque and not cash, it prevents you from using the loan to do something else with it instead of paying off the credit card bills. they are probably used to gamblers taking the money and using it to gamble etc

I couldnt give a rats arse why you used your credit card as its YOUR BUSINESS ONLY and you dont have to explain to us why/what you used it for.

Maybe I got off on the wrong side of bed today

Peace

Thank you dynamco , interesting read for people like me not really aware.

Am in somewhat anxiety mode but will get through it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3