Like Tree26Likes

Credit card debt advice please

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Ok so I don’t have a choice but to try and borrow personal loan small amount to get me through a month or 2. If I do apply say hsbc personal loan online and agree with the terms first. Only after receiving their final confirmation on Apr etc and agreed by me the loan becomes valid and if I disagree that’s end.

I need to sort this out so I can move forward without being on the edge all the time.

Thank you

I do apologise as I know I keep posting, this is the place I can get some advice.

got in touch with HSBC and was told no income proof no loan and maybe apply for a credit card with them and interest might be lower for cash advance. I don’t want to go through this suggestion as I don’t want another card to deal with and deadline is tomorrow till credit loan goes to default .

Non banks my only option now? I do know it’s wrong way to go however when you have no where to turn what to do.

thank you

If youre credit card is already in default, your will have a low credit score when the Bank does a Transunion credit check. This will affect your ability to get a loan from the Bank, and maybe they will decline you.

Non-banks charge high interest rates, and probably wont lend you enough to live on. Borrowing more is not the solution, because how will you repay the new loan? You need to find more sources of employment however you can. What industry are you in?

STOP PAYING!!! let the outstanding run its course and be written off and sold to a collection company, while this is happening, sort yourself out, find a better paying job, or find a PT as well to save money. Change phone numbers, change address.

Start from new!!! in a few years time when you are stable and saved money etc, look up trans-union report yourself, see the listed debt and then go to the company that you owe money and discuss payment.

Right now, you need to stop paying and save yourself 1st. Dont go looking for higher interest loans from finance companies when you cant even pay those repayments. The hole you're digging till now will just become deeper n deeper.

How much is your rent? I've had of some subdivided flats going for 2k

And if you already have any kind of job you can supplement it by being an uber delivery person. A bike can cost as little as a 300-400 on carousell

Quote Originally Posted by summerhill:
    Hi,

Have made some unwise decisions and having personal issues.

I have a credit card and has come up to 145k. I have paid the minimum monthly payment over the years, never missed, however have been behind a months payment now.
    My last post was in 2020 and have tried to keep up with the minimum payment. Due to unforeseen circumstances am back to square 1 and late in payment this month. Most of the jobs I have taken have.closed down due to their business situation never grew after covid. Was living off my card for a while (which was wrong I know) as had no where to turn to.

Non banks my only option now? I do know it’s wrong way to go however when you have no where to turn what to do.
    I'm not sure what you are seeking from this multi-year, multi-page thread. You have acknowledged knowingly doing the wrong thing on at least three occasions. Nothing in your history indicates you can pay back your debts (the best you have been able to do is pay the minimum balance) and you are seeking new loans. If you haven't made any progress from the advice given to you years ago in this thread, what is it that you want to hear today? I'm at a loss at how this thread can be useful to you unless a generous GXP benefactor decides he/she wants to write a check to take care of all of your debts.
    Last edited by huja; 21-12-2023 at 01:27 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6