Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Proof of Income - HSBC Account

1 month Proof of Income and personal loan

Well
    i want to open my own restaurant and do my own business but my bank HSBC asks me to show 3 month proof of employment
    i have been employed and given salary in hand by my uncle tax free, so I don’t really have anything income proof to show HSBC

my question is
    i have started work at Lai Chi Kok as a clerk this month and earn a fixed monthly salary of $12,000, I will receive w proof of employment letter and an income slip by the end of this month and they will pay me in cheque.

Are there any banks that accept 1 month proof of income or employment for a loan?

i really want to start my own business and not work for anyone else

Last edited by Mamol; 26-06-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Your best options - seriously - might be to borrow from your family.

At 12K salary, even if you do find a bank or finance company to lend you money, the amount may be too small and the interest rates may be too high for any sort of meaningful business.

(Running a restaurant, even a takeaway type counter can be very expensive)

traineeinvestor and MandM! like this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Your best options - seriously - might be to borrow from your family.

At 12K salary, even if you do find a bank or finance company to lend you money, the amount may be too small and the interest rates may be too high for any sort of meaningful business.

(Running a restaurant, even a takeaway type counter can be very expensive)
    I am not really looking for some large type restaurant
    its like one of these Indian food shops selling chicken tikka etc at sham shui po or Chung king mansion, i would require $100,000 at max.
    i just want a loan so that I won’t have to slave away anymore. Working for someone else is torture to the mind.

Your $100,000 investment would have to return 120% annually to just cover your current salary. Then there is rent, utilities and taxes.

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamol
    I am not really looking for some large type restaurant
    its like one of these Indian food shops selling chicken tikka etc at sham shui po or Chung king mansion, i would require $100,000 at max.
    i just want a loan so that I won’t have to slave away anymore. Working for someone else is torture to the mind.
    I don't think 100k is enough to cover rent + deposit

Quote Originally Posted by Mamol
    i have been employed and given salary in hand by my uncle tax free
    IRD will love that.
    jimbo_jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    IRD will love that.
    If he's earning 12k per month, he probably owes no tax. To the OP, tax is almost free up to 300-350k/year with the tax refunds. Have your uncle report your income and set up a MPF so you can have some track record.

Opening a restaurant is going to be a horrible headache. You'll have to answer to customers who complain, deal with issues getting food supplied to you, paying suppliers bills expenses etc. Don't think it's going to be magical. You'll need to work 14-16hour + days 7 days a week.
    jimbo_jones likes this.